YET another take on an alarm system

In the new version, when you click “Home Mode” it says “Leave Mode Activated” on the status screen. Also, why would you call it “Away Mode” on the front and then “Leave Mode” on other screens?

Also, I mentioned this before, when you start typing the code in, the asterisks push the keypad down a bit so it’s possible to miss the next keypress.

Clock also doesn’t work:

Getting tons of errors in the log:

Editing the custom-elements.html fails to update on the front end as well:

(The test message doesn’t go away)

New version of this alarm system has been tested and used. Works fine with 0.65.6 on Raspbian and Hassbian.

New version: can’t disable the alarm and can’t get sidebar back once hidden.

You can’t get it back if the alarm is on. You have to disarmed first. So I didn’t hide the sidebar at all.

Thanks @Sunonline but I can’t disarm the alarm. Thankfully I was just testing :wink:

BTW, how do I disable sidebar disappearing?

in alarm.yaml look for the line

hide_sidebar: False <== false to not hide and true to hide when armed

Hi Mate,

Have you updated to the latest files? The errors you have posted refer to the old code which has since been removed as of last night

@thakkar.rahul @Sunonline

Hopefully thats the sidebar issue sorted let me know if this bug still persists. Could be browser related, I’ll test on other devices too.

(25/03/18) BUG FIX - Fix to resolve slidebar constantly opening when using mobile devices (Panel 1.0.1 / Bwalarm 1.0.1)

1 Like

Clear your cache. That sounds like Opera browser. ctrl+f5 doesnt work. You have to go to the settings and delete the cache from there.

I’m thinking of adding in a version check which would compare running version against the latest version and notify of any updates.

Auto updates would be tricky as it would need to port across config in alarm.yaml, still possible though.

1 Like

With every update you make, I have to re edit the files to my likings. That is: the button size and background, the formatting and many more. It would be nice to have something like a special file that would be always there and when we update, then we wouldnt have to do all this stuff again.

I’ll shift the core of the logic code in the panel file into a separate file to minimise the amount of changes to alarm.html

1 Like

I’m having a problem in alarm.yaml with the # symbol in my config with Hassio. Every time i upgrade, i have to edit the file and change the comments to a new line. If i don’t, Hassio will give me an error.

I figured out that the cache is just super sticky so I got the custom panel working.

I downloaded the stuff again this morning and I still have errors in the log:

The clock also still does not work, but that’s not really an issue for me I suppose.

Ok thanks, noted will reformat the comments

1 Like

Do you have a sensor.time in your HA?

Thank you! Can the alarm panel be translated?

If you can provide the translation in the chosen language it shouldn’t be too difficult to be honest.

I’ll just need the correct translations to all the English words on the site

Where should I look for the strings to be translated?
Thanks.

Do you have the list of strings? I can do the translations to Portuguese