YET another take on an alarm system

in your script action for the notification reply, have something like this below. (note: not my real code!)

action:
  - service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_disarm
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    data:
      code: 1234

how you do it will depend on the push notification system that you are using

You need to edit your post and format tit as per the blue banner at the top of the page. Also include the automation directly before automation.alarm_warning

I also updated recently to 0.81.x and found that I couldnā€™t arm the alarm.
Upgrading to current version solved the problem (of arm/disarm), but as @suds32 Iā€™m getting the Invalid service data for switch.turn_on: expected a dictionary. Got {ā€˜automation.alarm_warningā€™}

In other order of things, havenā€™t checked the thread for a long time (thatā€™s what happens when things work)
Is it worth updating to the new UI version?

Im quite keen to try the new UI but canā€™t find any info on how or screen shots of it

Hi Guys,

Anyone able to make the Alarm run on new 0.8.1.x version? I canā€™t even open the UI. All I see if below screen.

PS: How do you disable new UI?

Thanks in advance.
RT

iā€™m started from scratch but stuckedā€¦ alarm.yaml is here https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm/tree/newUI kinda shortā€¦ is there missing some part?

Here is the installation guide.

Also download all files from github and place the files and folder accordingly.

***For new UI. The default setting password is HG28!!&dn

lovely. but still. alarm.yaml is there:

##########################################################
## CUSTOM ALARM COMPONENT ALARM.YAML
## https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm
## VERSION: 1.0.2
## MODIFIED: 18/04/18
## CHANGE LOG:
## Add Multi Codes, names, pics
## optional code to arm alarm

##########################################################
platform: bwalarm
name: House
code_to_arm: false

my question remains same.

If you use the new UI it writes the alarm.yaml for you as you change the settings in the UI.

thanx. will try :slight_smile:

Hi!

Since I have version 0.81 I cannot manage to make the alarm work. Iā€™ve seent thereā€™s a new branch newUI, Iā€™ve update the files, but I still get this message on the screen:

On the HA log it appears: http://XXX.XXX.XXX:8123/api/panel_custom/alarm:430:19 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ā€˜attributesā€™ of undefined

Does anybody can help me?

Thanks!

so. did.
result is here

hassio 0.81.2

Not sure if it is the same issue I had, but I had to update the bwalarm.py file.

Did you correctly locate all the files and then restart HA and CTRL-F5 the alarm panel when HA has restarted?

(alarm.yaml, panels/alarm.html, custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py, www/lib/countdown360.js, www/lib/jquery-3.2.1.min.js, www/alarm/alarm.css)

yes. and yes.

Hmm looks ok to me, did you put ā€¦

frontend:
  javascript_version: latest

in the config.yaml?

It works fine on 0.81.6 for me.

Hi @typeonegative

I had similar issue and I replaced all the exiting files with new files except automation and its working fine now.

I still have issues with MQTT but assuming itā€™s not related to Alarm.

Thanks,
RT

Hi all. I have this error:

Invalid service data for switch.turn_off: expected a dictionary. Got {'automation.alarm_warning'}

https://my.ip*************/api/panel_custom/alarm:360:36 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'state' of undefined

and this warning:

Unable to find service alarm_control_panel/

What does it mean?
What I saw everything works fine. I can arm and disarm without problems

Hi all, Iā€™m experiencing similar issues with bwalarm.py version: 1.0.4

Invalid service data for switch.turn_off: expected a dictionary. Got {ā€˜automation.alarm_warningā€™}

5:56 PM core.py (ERROR)

Unable to find service alarm_control_panel/

5:56 PM core.py (WARNING)

Invalid service data for switch.turn_on: expected a dictionary. Got {ā€˜automation.alarm_warningā€™}

5:56 PM core.py (ERROR)

Is there any solution?
Thx!