YET another time controlled cover (RFLink)

Hi,

Great, thank you.
Strongly integrate into HACS…

Hello,
I have the same error after updating to core-2021.6.3.
I downgraded to core-2021.5.5 to have RFLink workable.

Using “Check Home Assistant configuration” I have this error:

Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Platform error cover.rts_rflink - Integration 'rts_rflink' not found.

So I’m waiting to see a fix before updating hassio.

Thank you.

Hello Cyrildu31,

Just update the file manifest.json available under :

custom_components/manifest.json at master · javicalle/custom_components (github.com)

I’m not sure what the bug is in your case, but as @sidwin9 comments, it may be related to the v2021.06 requirements

Please update the CC to the latest version specifically the manifest.json file

Thank you with updating the manifest RFLink works with the latest version 2021.6.
:+1:

Hello @javicalle,
I found this thread by chance and that would be exactly what I am looking for.
See RFLink with Cover Time Based entity for Somfy RTS RF shutters
Is this component still up to date?
(What about integration with HACS?).
Thanks.

I think so. Has it been working in my installation for the last years.
RFLink haven’t changed much so neither the custom component.

I will try to help you if you have any problem.

It was on my roadmap for a while but not sure when/why i forgot it.

That’s good news already. Thank you.

Does that mean you’re doing something here again?
(Otherwise I would wait for it).

I’m sorry to say that, but not in the short/middle time.

Hey Javicalle,

An integration with HACS would be great even if RTS_RFLINK works without this integration

@javicalle If I add a cover with your code, then I get the following error:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:213
First occurred: 09:02:59 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 09:02:59

Setup failed for knx: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'XknxConnectionState' from 'xknx.core' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/xknx/core/__init__.py)

Probably the same topic like this?
https://github.com/nagyrobi/home-assistant-custom-components-cover-rf-time-based/issues/50

See also https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hass-somfy-rts-blinds-and-rflink/124156/12

@javicalle
I did the same changes which are described in the links above on my own (and also other like is_opening) and now it worked.
Probably you could update your files?

1 Like

Thanks for reporting.
I’ll take a look later.

1 Like

Hey,
I have no operating problem with an RFLINK installed on Arduino Mega and SOMFY RTS covers.

The problem comes if you have a RFLink integration and the Knx integration too.
My custom component fixed the xknx dependency version and that creates all the trouble. I have removed the pinned version from the requirements and added it like a dependency (without a version).

Checking now in my environment. :crossed_fingers:

Checked and working without issues.
I don’t have the Knx integration settled but with the current version there’s no reason to generate any errors.

Hi :wave:!

Please don’t do that. Copy that one travelcalculator.py module you need for your thing (maybe attach xknx’ licence on top) and ship it with your custom component. You really only need that 160 lines of its 16k lines of knx code (and neither do you need its dependency tree).

It will save some headache for you and the xknx developers.

Sincerely Matthias, maintainer of xknx

Hi @farmio,
I want to apologize for any problem that my ignorance may have caused you. Nothing further from my will.

I followed your advice and included the travelcalculator module inside my custom_component.
I’m not sure how ‘attach xknx’ license on top’ would be appropriate. I’ve created a travelcalculator.readme file, but feel free to tell me the best way to include your credit in my component.

Kind regards.

Don’t worry, I had no troubles with that. There has been a similar custom_component - and I was quite surprised to find the reason for the knx integration not working for users of it back then. I’m just trying to prevent this from happening again.

For the licence thing, I’m no expert, but I’d just copy it on top as module docstring.

"""
license
"""
from __future__ import annotations

from enum import Enum
import time

class TravelCalculator:

https://github.com/XKNX/xknx/blob/78d71a62cbb67f5903c5088065bd79734a093579/LICENSE

Yes, your code use has spread a bit :sweat_smile:

Done!

2 Likes