YoLink broken after 2024.1.4 update

Updated HA to 2024.1.4 this morning and now YoLink has stopped working. The HA log is full of messages like this. Any idea how to fix it?

2024-01-20 08:29:43.957 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] yolink mqtt client disconnected!
2024-01-20 08:29:59.338 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] yolink mqtt client disconnected!
2024-01-20 08:30:14.415 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] yolink mqtt client disconnected!
2024-01-20 08:30:19.553 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] unexcept exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/yolink/mqtt_client.py", line 59, in _listen
    async with client.messages() as messages:
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
TypeError: 'async_generator' object is not callable
2024-01-20 08:30:19.687 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] unexcept exception:
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/yolink/mqtt_client.py", line 59, in _listen
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-01-20 08:30:19.823 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] unexcept exception:
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanksā€¦

1 Like

same error here on 2024.1.5

1 Like

Yes, just saw the 2024.1.5 update. Did the update and same error. YoLink devices are not working at all.

Same here. 2024.1.4 broke YoLink for me. 2024.1.5 did not fix it :frowning:

I should of came here first, just spent an hour trying to troubleshoot my HA & YoLink issues.

1 Like

man i wish I hadnā€™t believe the dev that was in here saying ā€œlocal control coming with supportā€. I only use it for one thing and thatā€™s for my mailbox notification as itā€™s too far for zwave. For now I just use the yolink app to notify me of mailbox movement.

1 Like

Yep, more BS. What a pain in the butt

1 Like

Same here, I took a debug log before reverting.

2024-01-20 08:29:43.957 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] yolink mqtt client disconnected!
2024-01-20 08:29:59.338 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] yolink mqtt client disconnected!
2024-01-20 08:30:14.415 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] yolink mqtt client disconnected!
2024-01-20 08:30:19.553 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] unexcept exception:
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-01-20 08:30:19.687 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] unexcept exception:
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2024-01-20 08:30:19.823 ERROR (MainThread) [yolink.mqtt_client] unexcept exception:
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This fix is underway but as of now not yet merged in:

4 Likes

Five days go by and no fix.

1 Like

Even worse is that the fix on GitHub is done but not yet approved and may not make the next release.

I ended up downgrading to 2023.1.3 so that YoLink will work. Not the best solution, but I use quite a few YoLink devices so my house was a little broken.

1 Like

It is approved - just wondering when 2014.1.6 will drop - (hopefully it is in there) - is there a way to find out?

Sorry, what I meant to say is that it is still marked as ā€˜Openā€™. Not sure if it will be included in 2024.1.6 if it is still open. All of the other issues earmarked for 2024.1.6 are marked as Closed.
It could just be my lack of understanding on how GitHub handles this.

Yep, I had to do the same thing myself.

I have asked the developer to escalate if he had such channels

1 Like

This is such a bummer. The Yolink integration with my home security system literally saved our asses a couple weeks ago. I wonā€™t be able to sleep knowing weā€™re vulnerable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/199ii97/attempted_burglary_thwarted_by_ha/

Well, just keep it at 2024.1.3 until 2024.1.6 drops

Lesson learned. Never use HA for security. Any integration can break and it can take days/weeks before it is fixed. HA should only be used for non-critical things for which there is a workaround available.

1 Like

I think thatā€™s the nature of how fast things change with open sourceā€¦ also there are questions as to why there was such a delay because the Yolink developer finished with his testing and issued a PR which was approvedā€¦ Also, always make a backup before any update then update and test as appropriate if you find a problem, try to resolve it (if config), otherwise roll back and issue a ticket

The delay for this version could be that there are a huge number of changs coming with the next drop and they are doing extra testingā€¦

It can be annoying but it does mprove very quickly, soimetimes they issue a release the next day after the previous oneā€¦ I understand how a lot of people are willing to put up with it because this is kind of a tool for tinkerersā€¦ Some people test it until itā€™s pretty bulletproof and then donā€™t bother upgrading less thereā€™s really a need toā€¦