agent_version 1.6.0
docker_version 26.1.0
disk_total 915.4 GB
disk_used 25.0 GB
healthy true
supported true
supervisor_api ok
version_api ok
installed_addons AdGuard Home (5.0.7), Log Viewer (0.17.0), Home Assistant Google Drive Backup (0.112.1), File editor (5.8.0), Terminal & SSH (9.13.0), Core DNS Override (0.1.1), Matter Server (5.5.1), Cloudflared (5.1.9)
Dashboards
dashboards 9
resources 20
views 39
mode storage
Recorder
oldest_recorder_run April 1, 2024 at 6:03 AM
current_recorder_run April 28, 2024 at 10:31 PM
estimated_db_size 2833.91 MiB
database_engine sqlite
database_version 3.44.2

My door sensor reports fine. YoLink marks it offline if the signal strength report fails to arrive four times consecutively (one report every 4 hours). The device’s signal strength sensor is disabled by default.

Yep, everything was reporting fine in the Yolink app, just wasn’t making it’s way over to HA. Motion wasn’t working an hour ago when my wife dropped a package in the box to be picked up, but did just now when I checked the mailbox. Contact sensors still not reporting.

Absolutely! Without full access to the source code and local control, we’re solely reliant on API access, leaving us at the mercy of YoLink. It’s frustrating to see that they’re monitoring this forum without taking action. They’re focused on their business success and ignoring our needs.

We’ve been waiting for local access promises from Hub3 for two years now, and it’s disappointing to see them continuously pushing back the timeline. Asking us to buy yet another product with the promise of future functionality is unacceptable. We’ve heard similar promises from YoLink in the past, and it’s time for them to deliver.

Let’s use our voices where it matters. Leaving appropriate reviews on Amazon can help YoLink understand the importance of open source, the need for local access, and the concerns of our community. It’s time for them to prioritize their customers and fulfill their promises. Together, we can make a difference and hold companies accountable for their failed promises. Let others know about those issues on Amazon reviews. I purchase 28 devices from them. Perhaps those 28 reviews will help them to understand why faulty promise is not good business practice.

I thought the Hub3 was rolled out. Doe it not offer loal access as thought and is that also not cmpatible with the current HA Yolink integration?

No local access and the integration has not been updated yet to work with Hub3 as far as I know.

If they finally enabled local access I’d go all in with their devices.

2 Likes

If the Hub3 offers no lcal access, then what is the difference between that and the original Yolink hub?

You’d have to be able to lower their temperature sensors’ reporting threshold for me to go all in. They only report once an hour or when the temperature changes more than 2°F in a minute. That’s ridiculous. That’s never going to happen with their sensors with such a high thermal mass. It needs to be able to be set down to the minimum (0.2°F).

Hub3 has more range with 4G backup. Rumor goes that it’ll support Matter (or that is what YoLink is promising now).

Yeah, 2°F threshold is not optimal for many applications.

I like the long range they have and the build quality and battery life is excellent. I have motion detectors, contact sensors and a couple of thermometers. I won’t buy anymore of their products though because of their cloud requirement.

On the product page for the Hub 3 they say that it will have Matter support via a firmware update. But get this, it’s supposed to come out at the end of the year. After years of them telling us it’s coming and never living up to their promise, they’re now telling us to wait patiently for another 6 or 7 months lol.

I’ve invested too much into Yolink before I knew better so I’ll continue waiting. We’ll see how dumb I look by the end of the year. But I really hope it happens this time. Other than the cloud requirement, I really like Yolink and would rather just stick with them.

1 Like

Same here!

Fair to say at this point that they can’t be taken seriously. Best strategy by now is to dismiss whatever they say on the matter (pun intended?) and simply let them bring the feature whenever they actually do it, as you mention.

1 Like

You can’t just ignore what was promised; in the end, it’s false advertising. Leave a review of the product on Amazon or wherever you bought it. Perhaps youlink will listen open source community.

Try to use ESP32 and dallas sensor. Very cheap and simple to make. You may connect multiple sensors in parallel for about a dollar each. Dallas Temperature Sensor (Dallas Temperature Sensor — ESPHome)

Unfortunately that wouldn’t have the battery life of off-the-shelf sensor solutions, nor the weatherproofing.

I bought one of the four-button FlexFobs on Amazon the other day. I can connect it to YoLink and I see the device in Home Assistant, but it doesn’t actually do anything. I can’t see button actions or anything.

Is this device too new to work with Home Assistant? I don’t see Flex Fob listed on the integration’s page.

I have a bunch of YoLink widgets, but I would go all-in if the company made good on the promise of full local control. The reliability, range, and battery life of Yolink’s battery-powered devices is unmatched by anyone. I just want to know I can continue to use them if the company ever disappears.

Click the “create automation” button under the device’s page. It uses events which show up a little differently.