You are running an unsupported installation

True, but are we too worried about unsupported?

3 Likes

If it did, it would explicitly put the reason in it’s log.

21-12-13 18:35:18 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] Detected unsupported OS: KDE neon Unstable Edition (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/os)

21-12-13 18:35:18 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.core] System running in a unsupported environment!

21-12-13 18:36:18 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] Found unsupported images: {'cr.portainer.io/portainer/portainer-ce'} (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/software)

@Mr.ToR if you’re having a specific problem with the nest integration let me know and i’m happy to help you diagnose it. In particular, the integration instructions were simplified by 50% in 2021.12 and no longer require ssl, redirect urls, dns names, or the complicated pub setup.
Context: am nest integration maintainer

2 Likes

That’s really good to know. I’ve actually set up the Nest integration last year and I’ve been using the camera doorbell with it but the thermostat was disabled. I think the reason I went with the Nest plugin for HomeBridge for the thermostat was that it seemed like it also exposed the presence sensor and I thought it was more stable specifically after power outages.

Following your message, I enabled the thermostat device from your Nest integration and will use both integrations for a while in a test dashboard before hopefully removing the HomeBridge and be done with the unsupported software issue once and for all.

Thermostat

David, When I set up my system (back then on Debian 10 now Debian 11), I followed a guide that included the installation of Portainer. These days I’m not using Partainer at all, but I sometimes check the status page and it shows a nice summare of what is going on.

It clearly is making my system appear as unsupported. Did you use Portainer in the past?

21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for IssueType.TRUST/ContextType.CORE
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.checks.base] Run check for IssueType.SECURITY/ContextType.CORE
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.check] System checks complete
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state CoreState.RUNNING
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.services] Updating service information
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.network] Updating local network information
**21-12-26 08:57:52 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluations.base] Found unsupported images: {'portainer/portainer'} (more-info: https://www.home-assistant.io/more-info/unsupported/software)**
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] System evaluation complete
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.fixup] Starting system autofix at state CoreState.RUNNING
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.fixup] System autofix complete
21-12-26 08:57:52 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.host.sound] Updating PulseAudio information

Everything works fine on my end, so I guess I could simply not bother but I think I would rather prefer to be on a fully supported environment just in case.

thanks

Yes I have always used portainer. You can just delete the portainer image and if necessary the portainer container as well using docker commands