You just won the lottery. How do you build the most stable HA server?

You are really god send for upgrade python 3.6.4

Thank you so much.

1 Like

Otherwise I will ping you again! Thank you for your patience. :slight_smile:
I was worried alot, that the door wont open when I come home! :laughing:

1 Like

Another thing to bare in mind is that everyone that’s doing this will probably be upgrading their homeassistant at the same time so there may be some breaking changes since your last upgrade, so keep an eye on the logs/journal.

No worries :+1:

Do you have a simple solution for this aswell? Everything else seems to work:

Error during setup of component zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/__init__.py", line 243, in setup
    config_path=config[DOMAIN].get(CONF_CONFIG_PATH))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 82, in __init__
    libopenzwave.PyOptions.__init__(self, config_path=config_path, user_path=user_path, cmd_line=cmd_line)
  File "src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx", line 678, in libopenzwave.PyOptions.__init__
libopenzwave.LibZWaveException: "LibOpenZwave Generic Exception : Can't find config directory /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel/config"

Look at the last part of the instruction regarding zwave might help. I don’t have any so cannot help with that.

That did not help for me… :frowning:

From pi user…

sudo systemctl stop home-assistant.service
sudo apt-get install libudev-dev
sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant 
source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
pip3 install --upgrade python_openzwave
deactivate
exit
sudo systemctl start home-assistant.service

If you encounter any errors please paste them.

When I start it now again it will take some time right?

Yeah, Zwave installation is the biggest delay you can get. Might be worth watching the journal to see if you get any errors when it is installing that might help fix if needed.

Now the frontend is up but still same error.

Error during setup of component zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 56, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/__init__.py", line 243, in setup
    config_path=config[DOMAIN].get(CONF_CONFIG_PATH))
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 82, in __init__
    libopenzwave.PyOptions.__init__(self, config_path=config_path, user_path=user_path, cmd_line=cmd_line)
  File "src-lib/libopenzwave/libopenzwave.pyx", line 678, in libopenzwave.PyOptions.__init__
libopenzwave.LibZWaveException: "LibOpenZwave Generic Exception : Can't find config directory /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel/config"

This might take a few posts back and forth :roll_eyes: :smile:
Please paste the output of

ls /srv/homeassistant/src/

Actually, hang on a sec, please post your configuration.yaml Zwave section first…

Hehe, Im sorry for that.

But there is no directory /src/

# Z-Wave support
zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/zwave
  config_path: /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel/config
  network_key: !secret network_key

Please completely delete the line config_path, so it looks like this…

# Z-Wave support
zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/zwave
  network_key: !secret network_key

Save the file and restart homeassistant :crossed_fingers:

Well, thank you!!!
Now it works, can you explain why? :smiley:

Yeah, just twigged it when I said “Actually, hang on a sec” :smile:

Before you upgraded you were using an old version of openzwave which was installed to a different location to the ‘standard’, so you needed the config_path entry in your configuration to point to the right place. After following my instructions to create a new venv, you then reinstalled openzwave to the ‘standard’ location so your configuration.yaml was pointing to the wrong place.

(I’ve put standard in quotes because there is no real ‘standard’, but it’s just an easy way to explain it)

Removing the line from configuration.yaml defaults it to the ‘standard’ location, ergo fixing the issue :+1:

1 Like

Okay, thank you for the explanation.
Im grateful that you had this patience! :slight_smile:

Now I’m really happy! I hope you have a good day!

1 Like

No bother at all :slight_smile:

I’m glad you’re back up and running on an up-to-date python version. :+1:

And I’m glad you’re happy too :smile: