Youless intergration

For anyone receiving weird data from a Landis & Gyr E360 meter: The YouLess team as released firmware 1.4.5 now, which resolves that issue.

Resolved in the mean time; forgot to clear cache after re-installation. Working again!

Hi huub66, I have the same issue. Installed the custom component again but no luck. You say that you have cleared the cache to solve this. Can you help me how to do that? Which cache and where to find it.

thanks in advance,
Regards
Pino

@pino , this refers to the browser cache; just remove cache & cookies from your browsing history and/or reload page without cache (Ctrl-F5 in Firefox). Then you will see the Youless integration listed when searching for a new integration via the UI (after installing the custom component of course :))

Thanks for your help. Ctrl-F5 did the trick.

1 Like

Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I tried everything, but I canā€™t find the Youless integration after installing the custom component.
Iā€™m running HA OS Supervised, latest version (installed it yesterday).
Have youless (Model: LS120, Firmware versie: 1.4.3-EL) running without login and is accessible.
Installed and resinstalled and removed and installed the HACS Youless integration about 10 times. And restarted HA many times (even the host). Added the sensor in the configuration.yaml (before and after restart)
Cleared caches, even opened the page in a different browser, but it will not show upā€¦

Iā€™m bit stuckā€¦ Thanks in advance!

Some extra screenshots/info:

configuration.yaml

sensor:
  - platform: youless
    name: Youless
    host: 192.168.55.121
    monitored_variables:
      - pwr
      - net
      - p1
      - p2
      - n1
      - n2
      - cs0
      - ps0
      - gas

Hi all,

Nevermindā€¦ For all who face the same problem:
The platform name is Youless instead of youless. MIND THE CAPITAL!

@gjong Congrats for bringing the Youless integration into Core and thanks for the effort!

What do we need to do to move from the custom integration to the standard one?

I guess itā€™s as simple as dropping the old integration and creating a new one. That at least worked for me.

To my surprise, I couldnā€™t select the Youless sensor as grid power source in the new energy management section of Home Assistant. Do I need to do something for that? Or is this feature yet to come?

@gjong, congrats again to bring the YouLess integration into Core. Can you confirm support for the LS110 device? Or only for the LS120 device?

I was expecting only ā€˜cntā€™ and ā€˜pwrā€™ with my LS110.
Seeing ā€˜unavailableā€™ values for ā€˜Power Usageā€™, ā€˜Power highā€™, ā€˜Power lowā€™ and ā€˜Power totalā€™.

LS110 device is found by HA but no values.

With regards to the energy dashboard. This was introduced roughly at the same time as the youless integration. Iā€™m not entirely sure what needs to change for the sensors to be used in that dashboard.

As for the LS110, yes the device should be supported.

My LS120 is giving unreachable in the entities. This is now with the core integration but was before also with the customized one. The issue occurring since the update to 1.4.5-EL
Does anybody know a solution for this. The upload to Enelogic is working well.

FYI: Iā€™m running an LS120 with 1.4.5-EL too (now using the new integration that became part of ā€˜coreā€™) and do not have any issue.

Another FYI: Someone already logged issue #54065: Youless sensor not available in Energy ā€œConfigure Grid Consumptionā€

I had the same. To fix it, I had to remove the password. The easiest way to do this is to reset network connection (unplug and replug LAN cable in LS120) 3 consecutive times. I could not find any way to set the LS120 password in HA, so no password shall do it for nowā€¦i hopeā€¦:slight_smile:

Thank you, this is about the energy dashboard, my issue is in the entities. The entities are giving an error ā€œunreachableā€.

Thank you, no password is set on the Youless. So will look for another solution

What is the exception. Is the configuration failing during setup of the integration. Or are you not getting any values.

The latter could be caused by a known issue with the gts attribute in the response being empty or missing. This was fixed, but I donā€™t think it is released yet. To check call the /e endpoint on the youless device.

I have exactly the same problem. HACS integration worked flawlessly Core integration does not give any values / unavailable

No errors in log filesā€¦

Before re-adding the integration (through the configuration screen) did you uninstall the HACS version or manually remove the directory youless under custom_integrations. If the old custom version is still present I believe it has priority over the integrated one. Meaning the version from home assistant core will not work properly.