Your Home Digital Twin: Interactive floor 3d plan

Yes.
And the yaml is far easier.

With the picture card you need to guess your way to where the lights should be with left: 10%, top: 17%.
It takes forever.

2 Likes

Will give it try.

1 Like

I’m currently experiencing some issues with the new typescript module (I need to better understand the mechanics). For the “beta” testers, I invite you to still follow the old link which I will repost in the head post of the thread.

So after some thourough testing I released a the Typescript version that is now stable enough to give it a try.

Source code is here: GitHub - adizanni/floor3d-card

And the js module to import as a resource is here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/adizanni/floor3d-card/master/dist/floor3d-card.js

The type of the card is: floor3d-card

The Readme is also updated, with the latest instructions

Would love to give it a try but I will have to wait until the floorplan of our new apartment is done.
One thing I would want is an entitylist on the side(s).
If you can add like an entity card that is overlayed on the left or right side then you could control the lights/entities on the view also.

1 Like

Hello Hellis, in the new version the card can be easily set up side by side with other cards. It is true that I still need to fix some issues related to style, but I’m in the right direction

New release published here GitHub - adizanni/floor3d-card: Floor 3D Card to visualize Home Assistant entities using objects in a 3D home model (based on Three.js, inspired by Jeedom)

better management of the panel vs column mode.
corrected some bugs
improved performance

Coming next:

• configuration editor
  • actions on model
  • door and windows objects
1 Like

Published new version with Config Editor. More info to come.

Go to download the latest version. Now with the config editor. Pay attention to the fact that you need to migrate your current config; check the doc or start a config with the editor from scratch

Added Colored lights and brightness:

1 Like

New video tutorial:

4 Likes

Very nice!
Can’t wait until I get to play with this card. Only one month left til we move

Added progress message when loading the model, it is still experimental

Not received many feedbacks so far, not sure if it is used and or appreciated. I’m going to deploy it to HACS to be more integrated into the home assistant communities and receive additional feedback

2 Likes

Waiting for the approval of my pull request for the integration into HACS default repository (Adds new plugin [adizanni/floor3d-card] by adizanni · Pull Request #957 · hacs/default · GitHub) you can add my repository as custom and add the card from the HACS frontend menu. Enjoy

3 Likes

Great!
What steps is required to uninstall the old version?
Or is it even needed?

Yes it is better to remove it and to do that, you need to remove the resource in Configuration\Lovelace Dashboard\Resource. Depending on which version you installed already it was either called visualization-card-3dfloor or, more recently, floor3d-card. Prior to that, please save in a text file the Yaml of your already added card. It may require a little adaptation to be compatible with the new version of the card…

New 0.9.4 release: introducing a new text feature to display the state of an entity on a plane object surface (ex. TV Screen, Picture, Mirror, etc: it actually works on any object but it is better suited on plane object).
textonscreen

2 Likes

Great job.
To actually turn the light on, one can’t just press on the 3D model - light, he needs to go to a different dashboard, right?

Cheers,
us

Hello, yes, the card does not support action yet, but it is feasible, I will try to implement in next releases

2 Likes