YRD226 Door status how to change?

Separate question here, but I am not aware of the YRD226 Yale Assure lock having a method of detecting door being opened. Does anyone know how to change this? Right now my door status is always open… I can’t see any documentation from yale’s website supporting door status on the zwave yrd226, but wondering if anyone has done this.

it’s a part of the door lock spec in zwave, they almost all report incorrectly, it’s best to just disable the entity.

You can confirm, but your lock probably implements V1-V3 of the Door Lock Command Class. The Door Lock Reports always include the door status, and there’s no way for the device to say whether it supports the status or not. The driver creates a value for this, without knowing whether the device actually supports it or not. In turn, HA creates a sensor based on the value. Presumably the device does not support it and the value will just be fixed to something (apparently open is what is always reported).

A device that supports V4 of the command class has the ability to report which statuses it actually supports. Again, presumably this lock would not report supporting this status if it was capable of doing that (and if it did then it would be a device bug).

As always freshcoast has a far better explanation lol :slight_smile:

Thank you sir! Yup i would assume that it would be incorrect as there is no physical sensor like a hall sensor that you have with the August lock that walks you through the calibration process for that very purpose, was just curious either way. Thank you! currently enabled a lot of stuff but now will be disabling a lot of entities once I find what I can actually use