Z-Wave almost entirely stopped working

Hi!

My Z-Wave network seems to be broken somehow. It has been running flawlessly for the past few months. I’m not sure what as gone wrong, and I don’t want to make things worse. My hassio install in running on a Dell Optiplex running Windows 10 as the host OS with VirtualBox running Ubuntu Server with a Hassio on Docker. The USB is passed though to the VM for the stick. I have had no issues with this setup until recently. I cloned the hard drive as I migrated to an SSD recently, I have no idea if that is related. I am using a Z Stick gen5 with three Zooz dImmers and two of the new Inovelli dimmers (fantastic dimmers).

Currently, on the home page of HA, all my devices show as “unavailable,” however in the Z-Wave section, Z-Wave appears to be started.

I am running HA v0.108.3.

Thanks in advance for your help.

here is my config:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
# http:
#   base_url: example.duckdns.org:8123

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

#Thermostat
climate 1:
  - platform: honeywell
    username: hidden
    password: hidden
    region: us
    scan_interval: 600

# Example for Z-Wave
homekit:
  auto_start: false

discovery:
  enable:
    - homekit

switch:
  - platform: command_line
    switches:
      aeotec_zstick_disco_light:
        friendly_name: 'Aeotec Z-Stick Disco Light'
        command_on: 'echo -e -n "\x01\x08\x00\xF2\x51\x01\x01\x05\x01\x50" > /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00'
        command_off: 'echo -e -n "\x01\x08\x00\xF2\x51\x01\x00\x05\x01\x51" > /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00'

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml

My OZW_Log file can be found at https://pastebin.com/gAgKm8js

1 Like

Same problem here. I upgraded to core-2021.4.4 and all my battery powered devices stopped working. The powered ones do still work.
No idea how to fix this, the logs don’t tell me anything useful.

I’m running Hass.io (5.13) on a RPi 4 with a AeonLabs Z-Wave stick together with a ConBee Zigbee stick. Mostly worked fine.

OZW.log: OZW.log - Pastebin.com

Interesting. I just upgrade to core-2021.4.5 and all of a sudden everything is working again!
No idea why… but I’m happy for now ;).

Mine have been real sketchy lately as well, with the 2021.4.x versions it seems like a crap shoot some days if ZWave is deciding to work. For me though it’s all my ZWave items not just battery powered ones. After much work I was able to convince HASSIO to allow a downgrade to my old 2021.1.5 version from early February (kept getting a system state freeze preventing any restores).

That older version appeared to be working OK for everything so I updated the core again and most of this morning my ZWave items are up and down.