Z Wave conversion from "Z Wave" to "Z Wave JS UI" issues

Hi! I was using the HA native Z-Wave and then decided to upgrade to Z Wave JS UI. I am semi new to HA and having some odd issues if anyone can offer assistance?

Am I still supposed to have 4 things installed including ā€œZ Waveā€, ā€œMosquito Brokerā€, ā€œZ Wave JSā€, ā€œZ Wave JS UIā€? This seems redundant, and I am having some odd issues, so just making sure I was not supposed to remove something.

Thank you!

ZHA is Zigbee, and Z-Wave JS UI is Z-Wave. What do you mean by ā€œupgradeā€? Did you replace all of your Zigbee devices with Z-Wave? You canā€™t just switch between these software which support different protocols.

2 Likes

Good catch! Sorry about that. I meant the build in HA ā€œZ Waveā€, not ZHA. I edited my post above. Thank you!

Ok, that makes a bit more sense. :laughing:

Now when you refer to ā€œnative Z-Waveā€, are you referring to the long obsolete OpenZWave-based integration (legacy Z-Wave), or the Z-Wave JS official add-on? If you are referring to the latter, you can follow this guide to switch:

If you mean OpenZWave, thereā€™s no migration path. You can just install Z-Wave JS UI and start over. You donā€™t need MQTT.

1 Like

Haha @freshcoast . I for sure got mixed up in all the lingo.

So I do not misspeak again here are screenshots of what I have right nowā€¦