Z-Wave Dual Relay increasing switch count

I recently added a Monoprice Z-Wave Dual Relay and everything is working fine, with one exception. The longer home assistant is running, the more switches get added. On a restart of home assistant, there are normally 4 switches:

switch.living_room_switch_1_switch_9
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_2 <-- Switch 1
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_3 <-- Switch 2

When I checked home assistant this morning, I saw:

switch.living_room_switch_1_switch_9
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_2 ā† Switch 1
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_3 ā† Switch 2
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_4
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_5
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_6
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_7
switch.living_room_switch_switch_10_8

There are not many options to configure in OZWCP, so not sure what else to try to keep these from showing up.

1 Like

Does it stop after _8 or does it keep going on?

Some of my Z-Wave devices also create a ton of entities, i just hide them in my customization.yaml so they donā€™t appear in the GUI anymore:

light.qubino_zmnhda2_flush_dimmer_step_size_22:
  hidden: true
sensor.qubino_zmnhda2_flush_dimmer_energy_22:
sensor.qubino_zmnhda2_flush_dimmer_power_22:
sensor.qubino_zmnhda2_flush_dimmer_previous_reading_22:
sensor.qubino_zmnhda2_flush_dimmer_temperature_22:

But if it keeps going on creating those entities, i think something is wrong with your Z-Wave part, or your device is just weird :stuck_out_tongue:

So far the count hasnā€™t gone over 8, although I still havenā€™t figured out why it starts with 3 and escalates as time goes on. Oh well, theyā€™re hidden.

I have them too. They will stop around the 128 mark. I have on up to 38 now, and I believe every time you heal/restart zwave it will bump by at least 2. Iā€™ve been meaning to submit it as bug to the openzwave people, but I am not sure how to debug it.

They are this:

<Manufacturer id="109" name="Vision">
                    <Product type="2017" id="1717" name="ZL7432 In-Wall Switch, Dual Relay" />

Only the _1 and _2 are valid devices. The _0 will turn on/off the _2.

I had the same problem with domoticz, so itā€™s something buggy about them and openzwave.

Following up on this - because the count keeps going up, hass gets confused on which node is the current switch, and will not properly display it.

I keep having to edit the zwcfg file, and delete the homeassistant_2.db to make everything work.

grr.

And the answer isā€¦

This device is badly broken, and should be not used with openzwave.

So should I ask for a refund?

I also have recently installed these dual relay switches. For the most part they work fine, but if I have two switches turned on, on one relay and then turn one or both switches on on the other relay, it usually trips the breaker they are on.

Anyone else have this issue?

You can try.

Monoprice appears to no longer carry them.