Z-wave entities become unavailable if switching to new docker version of zwavejs-ui

Hi,

I am using HA 2024.1.6 and zwavejs-ui 8.8.5.

I wanted to upgrade to a newer zwavejs-ui like 9.9.0 and when I do that the entities become unavailable, I still see the latest mqtt updates, but the entities are unavailable.

I tried with 9.4.0 too same issue.

Here is the current state with 8.8.5:

And the same panel after switching to 9.9.0 (see the switches turning grey…):

I dont need to restart the HA at all, once the zwavejs container starts and it updates the mqtt it all goes haywire. Any ideas what can be done to fix it ? Now im stuck on older zwavejs2-mqtt because of this.

Thanks in advance,

BR,
Gyula

The place to start is looking in the zwavejsui UI to see if it is seeing the stick and your devices.

1. Why are you using mqtt? The recommended method to get your Z-Wave devices into home, as per the developers, is to use the Z-Wave JS Integration built into Home Assistant. Having used mqtt you should only be using if it you need to do advanced things like make API calls.

2. Maybe you need to reload the mqtt integration.

3. I would use the mqtt explorer software. It allows you to visually see the mqtt topics

I use mqtt because the setup is a bit more complex :slight_smile:

However the problem is that with older zwavejsui it works fine the newer version it is not working in HA. In mqtt explorer in both cases it looks ok.

1 Like

Sorry I can’t be of more help. I would try asking the devs. They are responsive and helpful. Issues · zwave-js/zwave-js-ui · GitHub