Z-Wave graph (without the python)

Full reboot of system (not just restart HA) seemed to fix it.

Installed it, works like a charm, but i get these error messages in hundreds in the log ā€œhttps://cdn.jsdelivr.net/npm/[email protected]/dist/svg-pan-zoom.min.js:0:0 Script errorā€.
Anyone with an idea on why?

Would be awesome if this could be added via HACS

Unfortunately HACS has no way of installing custom panels :frowning:

ā€¦but if we install the panel manually canā€™t HACS be used to keep the html file updated from GitHub?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the problemā€¦ as far as I know HACS requires things to be installed in specific directories, either /config/custom_components or /config/www/community, whereas custom panels need to go to /config/panels, since all you provide to HASS in the config is the file name of the panel (without path) - which HACS does not support at the current time.

You guys can submit a feature request on the github page for HACS :wink:

EDIT: Already find out how to link themā€¦ Switch as lifeline and add the sensor to it.

I see some unconnected devices. How can I connect them?
All devices are working normal

Battery powered Z-wave devices do not maintain a constant connection to the mesh, primarily to prolong the life of said batteries. This is normal.

1 Like

Just chiming in so everyone is aware - in reality (more so with zwave+ devices) this graph is only showing around 1/3 of the picture as far as routing goes in a network. There are several features of the network that Zwave does not expose (or its exposed in other ways than just the neighbor list) - nodes may communicate via paths that are not present and having or not having a link between nodes and a controller in reality means nothing.

When HA can start using OZW 1.6 you will start seeing ā€œextendedā€ statistics that describe how a ā€œpacketā€ went from node to node. (But it requires a ā€œrecentā€ firmware on your controller) and from that you can really diagnose Zwave RF issues.

A general rule of thumb I have right now - anything with a RTT above say 150ms has issues with placement or RF interference. Looking at the neighbor list is not conclusive to why tho.

4 Likes

This is great information. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone know where I can find an updated firmware for my Aeotec Gen 5 Z-Stick? :slight_smile:

According to this, there hasnā€™t been a firmware update for over a year

1 Like

Great info! Looking forward to 1.6!

I read that to mean there hadnā€™t ever been a firmware update. Itā€™s ironic that a standard which touts ā€œfirmware updatesā€ as a selling point doesnā€™t actually issue any updates.

On the flip sideā€¦ if it ainā€™t broke donā€™t fix it :wink:

You beat me to it! I was thinking the same thing. My Aeotec Gen 5 stick has been working perfectly for about 2 years now without any firmware update. I guess it doesnā€™t need one

Fibaro do consistent firmare updatesā€¦ unfortunately, you can only update the firmware if you use their controllers.

Thanks for the warning, Iā€™ll stay away from their devices then :wink:

1 Like

I must disagree about Fibaro. Iā€™ve got loads of Fibaro devices, recently I bought Fibaro HC just to update all my devices, only to find that only a couple had updates available.

Really awesome custom panel, thanks for this! I havenā€™t had time to check the source fully but was wondering if it would be possible to use the home assistant areas instead of the zwave (zwcfg) based locations?