Z-Wave graph (without the python)

+1 for adding this to HACS :grin:

4 Likes

Agree, +1 for HACS

1 Like

@settecplus,

Same thing happened to me also while renaming all zwave devices. After renaming is complete i did a HA restart and for now everything seems ok.

I tried setting this up on my HassIO VM running 0.101.1, and when I click on the icon for Z-Wave Graph, I just get a blank pane. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to make it work properly?

@febalci
Thanks for the hint but in my case this did not workā€¦
Still trying to figure out whatā€™s going on!

Hi,

Iā€™d be happy to use this on my RPi 4 with Hass.io v 0.100.2. Does anyone else use this on Hassio?

Regards,

Ambi

Yes. It is simply a HTML file so works on all install types of HA

NIgel says: ā€œSave this file in the panels directory of your HomeAssistant configurationā€. I donā€™t have any other panels, I just use Lovelace. So do I put the directory under <config>?

Tnx,
Ambi

If you donā€™t already have a folder under config called ā€˜panelsā€™, create it and put the file in there.

Then add the config info such as:

configuration.yaml

panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

panel_custom.yaml

- name: zwavegraph2
    sidebar_title: ZWave Graph2
    sidebar_icon: mdi:access-point-network
    url_path: zwave
4 Likes

Please add this to HACS ā€¦ :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I would be ever so grateful if someone would make a similar map for ZHA. Itā€™s such an invaluable tool to troubleshoot your network!

1 Like

Is anyone else having trouble with this after updating to 0.102.1? Iā€™m getting an error.

Unable to load custom panel from http://192.168.1.31:8123/api/panel_custom/zwavegraph2

I realized I was using an older zwavegraph2.html version so updated that to 2.2 but getting the same error. Tried restarting HA and rebooting my machine too.

Working fine. Perhaps you need to clear browser cache to get a new version loaded.

Why is in my case al nodes in a horizontal line and the color gray?
The nodes a working fine and also response.
I was hoping that is was looking as a nice mesh-network.

I only see that immediately after a restart Of home assistant while the mesh network is still being established. Usually after five minutes or so, the problem goes away.

Sorry, in my case its is not changing. Still horizontal

Are all of your devices battery powered? If so, this is normalā€¦ Only permanently on devices (power plugs, wall switches, bulbs, repeaters, etc) will show on the map with connections.

In case this helps others, I wanted to report that when I first installed this, it seemed like it didnā€™t work:

• many devices were shown as disconnected, even though they were healthy and when I ran a heal in the Configuration -> Zwave control panel I could see they all had neighbors
  • The display didnā€™t work at all on iOS, blank page, seemed to hang (iPad with iOS 12.x Safari, Chrome, or the dedicated app)
  • I tried lots of refreshes, heal, etc. none of that seem to get it working.

After leaving it running for at least 24 hours, everything in the graph started working nicely. All nodes were connected and at most 2 hops away, the graph started showing up on iOS.

I donā€™t know where it keeps state or what had to transpire until the graph got all of the state it needed. Itā€™s a bit frustrating to have to wait that long for results, but it did eventually work and is useful to me.

Thank you very much!
the first 2 minutes all node were gray and marked as ā€œnot connectedā€ but then I got this:

its perfect. I just bought a ā€œFibaro Smart Implantā€ and wanted so see if it is really working as an extender! It helped me a lot! thx again!!

1 Like

I just upgraded to .103 and am having the same problems. I get a popup error saying:
Unable to load custom panel from http://XXX/api/panel_custom/zwavegraph2

Just started troubleshooting it now.