Z-Wave graph (without the python)

Wondering what will happen to this HTML now that 0.112.0 deprecates HTML-based custom panels?

I think we just need to configure panel_custom slightly differently. Reading the docs now to try and figure it out

EDIT: I think we will be fine with the current setup like:

panel_custom.yaml

- name: zwavegraph2
    sidebar_title: ZWave Graph2
    sidebar_icon: mdi:access-point-network
    url_path: zwave

ā€¦because from what I see, itā€™s the webcomponent_path that is deprecated

Hi all I have installed zwave graphā€¦ all my nodes show in black & white. What am I doing wrong ?

yep, as I posted here. Was hoping this to be fine for now, though not sure if the deprecation notice is for the file itself too? being a html file.

Ballob writes here:

That integration needs to be rewritten to use JS as the entrypoint, not HTML.

Did you installed, by chance, my fork of this plugin? If so, then it is result of integration specific colours not being defined in theme that you use and then HA defaults to blacks. If this is case you need to define following options in your theme:

# Z-Wave Graph specific colors
  zwave-background-color: var(--primary-background-color)           # main window background color
  zwave-group-background-color: var(--secondary-background-color)   # grouped devices background color
  zwave-group-border-color: var(--light-background)                 # border of group rectangle
  zwave-group-label-color: var(--primary-text-color)                # color of group label
  zwave-zoom-highlight-color: var(--primary-color)                  # zoom area background color - not identified yet
  zwave-zoom-border-color: var(--light-background)                  # zoom area border color - not identified yet
  zwave-legend-header-color: var(--primary-text-color)              # text of legend header - not know yet how to implement
  zwave-legend-item-color: var(--secondary-text-color)              # legend item text color (not for node colors)
  zwave-node-hub-background-color: var(--light-background)          # zwave hub background color
  zwave-node-hub-outline-color: var(--greenish)                     # zwave hub background color
  zwave-node-hub-text-color: var(--greenish)                        # zwave hub text color
  zwave-1-hop-background-color: var(--light-background)             # 1st level node background color
  zwave-1-hop-outline-color: var(--cyanish)                         # 1st level node outline color
  zwave-1-hop-text-color: var(--cyanish)                            # 1st level node text color
  zwave-2-hop-background-color: var(--light-background)             # ..........
  zwave-2-hop-outline-color: var(--light-magenta)
  zwave-2-hop-text-color: var(--light-magenta)
  zwave-3-hop-background-color: var(--light-background)
  zwave-3-hop-outline-color: var(--dark-magenta)
  zwave-3-hop-text-color: var(--dark-magenta)
  zwave-4-hop-background-color: var(--light-background)
  zwave-4-hop-outline-color: var(--dimmed-text)
  zwave-4-hop-text-color: var(--dimmed-text)
  zwave-failed-background-color: var(--light-background)
  zwave-failed-outline-color: "#ff0000"
  zwave-failed-text-color: "#ff0000"
  zwave-unconnected-background-color: var(--primary-background-color)
  zwave-unconnected-outline-color: var(--dimmed-text)
  zwave-unconnected-text-color: var(--dimmed-text)

Note that Iā€™m referring in example above to other predefined colours in theme that I use. You need to replace these with your ownā€¦

Thanks much Mirek, I have added the code to my theme (Google Light Theme) and restarted HA.Still no colors in zwave graph :frowning:

The program can most likely be adapted for the new qt-openzwave integration. However, the information would have to be polled via MQTT instead of the homeassistant zwave.* device entities. The device names, wonā€™t propagate from Home Assistant to MQTT, but would have to be set with OZWAdmin.

The relevant MQTT topics are below, with the example being for Node 2

OpenZWave/1/node/2/
OpenZWave/1/node/2/statistics/

The JSON keys are documented here.

Polling the battery state directly from MQTT would be a little more complicated. The example below is for node 49. Nodes that have battery information have a commandclass/128/value/ topic. However the instance id, is a unique hash.

OpenZWave/1/node/49/instance/1/commandclass/128/value/828375057/

Thatā€™s the ValueIDKey actually.

I have to say that I too am a fan of zwave graph and use it often. Iā€™d hate to see it go away.

Are the developers looking at a potential upgrade path from the zwave integration, or are they assuming everybody will just have to start over and rebuild their zwave network from the ground up. It seems too much still doesnā€™t work in the new OZW beta to migrate now. Iā€™m still building mine out with new devices daily. Am I wasting my time? I just got a handle on the zwave integration, so I guess I need to start reading up on MQTT.

Another question regarding the future of the new OZW. Will it be more compatible with commercial systems, relative to zwave products. A lot of products donā€™t list Home Assistant as supported, and they choose not to do in-house testing on HA, from what Iā€™ve been told, because people have trouble getting their products to work consistently. Perhaps itā€™s because of being at 1.4, or maybe theyā€™re talking about the random entities that seem to appear and disappear periodically on the network for long-established devices? I havenā€™t read the docs on the development lately, so maybe this has already been answered.

Is there a way to pinch zoom the graph on mobile devices. I can three-finger-double-tap on my iPhone to zoom, but it is not as flexible as a pinch-zoom. Not sure why that wouldnā€™t work, but it doesnā€™t for me. It makes it hard to read the text on the phone. Also, an option to eliminate the navigator box would be handy.

There are no ā€œdevelopersā€ per se. Just a few folks who have contributed to maintaining the code at various points during its lifespan. Such is the life of open source software.

Are you referring to ZWave graph? I was actually talking about the OZW integration into HA, that is apparently making zwave graph inoperable in the new release.

Iā€™m here too because of the ā€œdeprecation noticeā€. Would hate for this to go away! :cry:

2 Likes

I think a big downside currently is they are not accepting new device configs in 1.4 so users are having to maintain there own XML configs, edit the zwcfg XML, etc. for new Z-Wave devices that come to market. Itā€™s too bad HA didnā€™t get a working non-beta 1.6 integration before OZW stopped accepting new configs.

I donā€™t blame OZW for not wanting to maintain both going forward though.

Thanks @NigelL. I was able to get this running without any issues.

well, here it is:
no longer loaded, as of 115.0b6

2020-09-11 17:24:09 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.panel_custom] Unable to register panel Z-Wave Graph: Either js_url, module_url or html_url is required.

any ideas how to configure this correctly, if at all possible?

panel_custom:
  - name: zwavegraph2
    sidebar_title: Z-Wave Graph
    sidebar_icon: mdi:access-point-network
    url_path: zwave

in current configuration.yaml
we cant simply replace url_path: with html_url: ā€¦

3 Likes

Same problem. With 0.115.1

4 Likes

Same, thatā€™s a bummer. Hoping we can get this back in some fashion.

Someone created a docker container map generator you could use, might want to check that out.