Z-wave Homeseer HSM200 - no motion detection

Been struggling to get the HSM200 multi purpose motion detection working with Home Assistant…
it shows multiple items being found under the obect:
EZM - Zwave radio status
EZM Burglar = 254 always
EZM Liminance = whatever light level I am at and veified its reading
EZM SourceNodeID = 0
EZM Temperatue = 37.9 F
HomeSeer Technologies unknown = Off (thinking this is the motion)

No matter - does not read or change values on motion, as it remains off.

Wish others or somebody else is using these… can speak to it.

Which Zwave implementation are you using? I have one of these and just installed it and am getting motion detection in HA. I’m using the new Zwave JS to MQTT add on. I’m even able to change colors in the Zwave config tool…but haven’t been able to figure out how to in HA yet.

so its immediate? when you move or wave it shows detected?
yeah I am using deprecated as well as tried OpenZwave and tried Zwave JS but didnt even see the entities…

maybe the underlying zwave is bad? I have come from older HA instances forward…

what are you using for the Zwave USB dongle etc… I am using the HUSZB multi Zigbee and Zwave dongle.

NOTE: I currently use several ZWAVE sensors and even a Schlage lock without issue.

Yes. It is immediate, then it has to wait for the timeout to reset. The time can be set in the configuration to as low as 1 minute.

I’m using the Aeotec Gen5 Zwave stick.

As @zippy15 said, they work perfectly with Zwave JS.
I tried the old Zwave at first and had lots of issues, only a few things worked.

With Zwave JS all sensors detected, accurate and working, no special config needed.
You can even change the light colors.
I have 5 of these and motion sensing is immediate.

The last 3 sensors are disabled, not sure what they do exactly.
I’m using the Nortek combo zwave/zigbee stick aka HUSBZB-1 by Sigma Designs (Former Zensys)

@zippy15 where do you change the timeout/wait? Thanks

So I tried to run ZwaveJS and disable legacy zwave and I think it works… however almost every other sensor I have in Zwave doesnt :frowning: maybe I need to start over by removing them all and re-adding clean? I was trying to migrate using the same network key etc… automated discovery didnt come up with good results with most of my sensors and I have a lot.

In the Control Panel under Configuration

Is that in the zwave JS control panel?
In the HA configuration for the motion sensor entity, I only can choose the room.

I’d love to dig into the detailed settings for these zwave sensors.

Mine is called: binary_sensor.ezm_home_security_motion_detection_location_provided_5

Thank you

It’s the control panel that you get with the Zwave JS to Mqtt addon.

@zippy15 I think its a either or… so if you want zwave JS and you need a decent working control panel you have to run zwave JS to Mqtt as the zwave JS option is very outdated and no decent controls.

I’ve had this thing for a few months and I could never figure out why the temperatures are always negative…

It’s only a few degrees off (Actual room temperature is probably around 65℉ according to my air conditioner) but always negative for some reason. Because of this it’s not very useful in other automations…