Z-Wave integration through GUI, nothing in configuration files?

According to the instructions (https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/z-wave/installation) Z-Wave can be set up either through the GUI or through the configuration.yaml file. I configured it through the GUI and thought I would see how it was printed in configuration.yaml afterwards. Weird enough, there is nothing there. This is very surprising to me, and not how I would want it to be. One obvious backside is that I have been unable to see what path I used for the port of my controller. Am I missing something? Where is this configuration stored instead?

1 Like

I came across the same problem: ZWave stick USB port now configurable via GUI? :slight_smile:

In short, it’s now stored in config/.storage/core.config_entries in HASS.IO

1 Like

dumb question: does the answer only apply to HASS.IO and not Hassbian? Because I don’t see the config directory in my environment:

Not sure if it also applies to Hassbian, but it’s a hidden folder, so you need to ls with whatever parameter Linux needs to also show hidden folders.

1 Like

You may need to be root or “sudo ls”.

Try again, but not ‘ls’ but ‘ls -a’ in the same location.
The folder is called ‘.storage’ and the leading dot has the convention in linux systems that it is hidden by default. The -a parameter to ls tells it to also show hidden items.

1 Like