Z-Wave JS Aeotec ZWA010 Z-Stick 7

Hello, Having issues with my zwave where I can’t seem to connect devices. Was having issues where devices were not responding. Updated the firmware to 7.19.2 and removed the 2 devices I have from HA. (zbolt lock and light switch). Now can’t add them back using the QR or the inclusion. Removed the add-on and integration then reinstalled still no luck. Did a reset on both devices. The controller looks to be in HA, it shows up in the integration with no errors. Is there a way to reset the controller?
Very new to zwave, any help is appreciated. Thanks

There are some traps in resetting Z-Wave devices which can cause similar issues.

• Did you use Remove a Z-Wave device to START EXCLUSION, then exclude the devices?
  • If you look in HASS Settings → Devices & Services → Z-Wave → Devices, are the devices still there?

The only way to remove a Z-Wave device is to EXCLUDE it from the controller, otherwise it won’t re-include, and can make the mesh unstable as the controller tries to contact a node that isn’t there.

I’d check the pre-factory reset nodes are indeed removed from the controller, and try again with the light switch. Locks are notoriously hard to include as Z-Wave takes ages to negotiate security keys, which will be more rigorous with a 700 series stick.

Unlike Zigbee, you can move a device close to the controller to make inclusion easier as you can use Heal Network later for Z-Wave to recalculate the mesh with the kit in the desired locations (e.g. what node is next to which).

Note - Exclude, reset, Include will give a device a new and higher Z-Wave node ID as these always increase (to 240).

The Fibaro FGD-212 is particularly horrible to pair as the tiny status LED and rubbish plastic moulding over the live-at-mains-voltage button are not easy to use. In use, they work well…!

If this helps, :heart: this post!

Thanks for the reply.
Can’t remember how I removed them, it was in the integration but didn’t do anything at the device so guessing it wasn’t done properly. For the GE switch I followed the reset procedure and it blinked 5 times after so it is reset. Both devices and entities are gone. I moved my HA odroid within 10’, tried to add and did a Heal network (it completed in seconds).
There is one more thing I might have screwed up here, when setting up an ESPHome device I selected the wrong port. Would this cause an issue and fried the dongle?

ESPhome != Z-Wave, but two integrations fighting for one serial port could confuse things.

Is there a way to reset the Z-Stick 7? I tried using Simplicity to update the drives thinking it would reset but get an error (serial upload aborted file error 0x18). After reading it looks like if you have the current driver installed you will error out.
Are there any other ways to test/reset the stick or the devices besides resetting them?

Hi i have a same problem. The whole z wave network failed. I think to move to zigbee. Z wave is a garbage. Zigbee device never failed.

I too need to reset my Z-Stick 7. I have been trying to do so via the PC Controller software without any luck. I had to rebuild my server and did not have my network keys backed up.