Z-Wave JS entity_id in zwave_js_value_notification Request

The data in the zwave_js_value_notification event doesn’t include the entity_id. It would be great and much easier to create automations if it did. Yes, I know I can go into the integration and look up the NodeID.
I wish I had the skills to look at the code myself, but I don’t. I’m hoping the developers of the Awesome ZWaveJS2mqtt see this and can quickly add it?

Thanks!

I think that is developed by the zwavejs folks and the entity Id happens with the HA Integration portion, I believe. HA would need to send that information back through websockets to zwavejs2mqtt for processing. Since the zwavejs addon does not need this, the Integration would need some way of determining which addon it is communicating with.

Thanks @Prodigyplace that’s my issue. not sure where the info is even… I would think that the zwavejs integration has the node_id, if I look at the device through HA screen, it clearly shows

Device info
HS-DS100+
by HomeSeer Technologies
Firmware: 2.2
Z-Wave Info
Home ID: 3846912376
Node ID: 14
Node Status: Asleep
Node Ready: Yes

So would be nice if the events portion had the entity_id.
Perhaps part of the issue maybe that HA integration doesn’t know which entity_id as there can be many per device… but perhaps there is a way to set which id we want for each device.

The biggest use case for me is multiple presses on a scene enabled switch.

It has the node ID, which is Z-wave specific. It does not have the HA Entity ID. Why would the node id be needed in HA?

@Prodigyplace because the event notification only displays the node ID not the entity_id… where is the event notification coming from?

My understanding is this.

HA Integration (so code run by HA), connects to the zwavejs2mqtt service, and is basically the gateway between HA and zwavejs. Therefore, the HA Integration code knows about both the node_id and the entity_ids and does all the mapping. Therefore the HA Integration code is what need to change so that events contain entity_ids… or am I totally wrong?

1 Like