Z-Wave JS integration - missing device and entities

I’ve made the switch from OpenZWave to ZwaveJS2MQTT, and I have some problems.
I run HA and ZwaveJS2MQTT in docker containers on the same host. They communicate using the WS server in ZwaveJS2MQTT.
I have two dimmers (one Qubino and one Fibaro) that work fine in the ZwaveJS2MQTT UI. But only the Qubino is found by the integration in Home Assistant. Also, the integration doesn’t find any entities at all, it just lists the Qubino as a device. I can add and remove devices using the integration, so it seems to be communicating with the ZwaveJS2MQTT container. I also downloaded a network dump of my Zwave network from the Z-Wave JS integration, and I can see both dimmers and all their entities in that dump. I’ve pasted the network dump here: https://pastebin.com/9d91TFqN

I’ve also attached a screenshot of what I see in HA and ZwaveJS2MQTT here:

I’m not sure how to continue troubleshooting this, and I would appreciate all help I can get!

If you’re running the latest ZwaveJS2MQTT you have to run the HA beta for it to be compatible.

Aha, that’s probably it, thanks for the help! I’ve tried to find a document which ZwaveJS2MQTT version that the stable HA release is compatible with, but I can’t find any. Is there any such document?

I tried installing the beta release of HA, but I still can’t get the integration to work. So I thought that I would go the other way around and downgrade ZwaveJS2MQTT to the correct version.

nope, just gotta be in the ‘know’ for the time being. The next few months might be shaky in that regard because zwavejs, zwavejs2mqtt, and ha are moving at lightning speed.

I’ll just try downgrading my ZwaveJS2MQTT container until I find the sweetspot then :slight_smile: Thanks for the help!

I think you want to get the release prior to 2.0. Either way, that doesn’t guarantee that your device will appear. What kind of device is it?

EDIT: You need to be on the beta. It’s a dimmer and they were broken at one point.

I’ll stick to the beta then. I got some problems, but it seems that 2.0.0 and the beta should be compatible according to https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/47100#issuecomment-786761274, so I’ll try that and see how it goes.

Yepp, that was the sweetspot, now it works fine! Thanks for the help @petro!

1 Like