Z-wave js network key

I’m running home assistant on rpi3 with aeotec z-stick and using z-wave js with z-wave js2mqtt. When I set it up I don’t remember adding a network key. I have added nodes and they work however when I try to include new nodes via js2mqtt I get this warning:

Some security keys are missing: S2_Unauthenticated, S2_Authenticated, S2_Authenticated, S0_Legacy . Please check your zwave settings.

Where are my zwave settings? how can I add a network key? I’m hoping I can add a network key without having to remove the integration and re-add all my nodes. Is this possible?

You need to navigate to the zwavejs2mqtt control panel at yourIPaddress:8091

Click the gear on the left, then scroll to “zwave” (under general).

Make sure all 4 keys are defined. If there are any blank, you can click the picture of the two arrows to generate a random key. Be sure to scroll down and hit save when you are done.

If there is already a key there, in any of the 4 spots, don’t change it. If there was no key defined at inclusion, the node should have been added without security, and will continue to work when you add the keys later.

You should define keys even if you aren’t currently using secure inclusion to remove the warning and make sure it is set if you need it in the future - here’s the documentation from zwavjs2mqtt on it

2 Likes

Thank you @mwav3 it worked. The only thing I did differently was navigate to the control panel via gui