Z-Wave JS NVM Restore to Zooz 800

So based on this post it seems that we can now restore NVM backups to 800 series controllers? I was able to successfully perform an NVM backup of my UZB1 stuck inside of Z-Wave JS UI and saved the .bin file to my computer. Is there any consideration from migrating from the UZB1 stick to a Zooz ZAC93 800 controller? Is there a guided procedure on the process?

Thoughts?

Hello!
If you are looking for a step by step procedure, you can use this comment by AlCalzone on the issue you posted for help.

Before following that guide, please make sure your current stick is updated to the latest firmware as well as your new stick. You can find the firmware for the 800 series stick you mentioned here.

Also, please keep in mind that backup and restore is not supported with the default Z-Wave JS implementation. If you’d like to backup and restore, please use Z-Wave JS UI (which you can follow a guide to setup here)

1 Like

I have the controllers updated to the latest fw. Once I swap them and perform the NVM restore from Z-Wave JS UI, will it simply replace the UZB1 with the ZAC93 at node 1?

Correct. Make sure not to wipe the old controller in case you need to revert. If you need anymore help or if anything goes wrong, replace the old controller and change the path back and then make a reply to this post with what exactly happened including any error messages.

Quick question, based on the tracker, it states that SDK 7.19+ is required. Is this version also required on the UZB as well in order for the backup to be restorable to the ZAC93?

That note refers to 800-series. A UZB1 is not a 700/800-series so it cannot use firmware 7.x. Earlier series (e.g. 500) require SDK v6.61+.

1 Like

Thanks much! After updating the UZB to the latest firmware (SDK 6.82), I was able to perform an NVM back and restored to the ZAC93 800 with sucess! All nodes came back up and communicating.

2 Likes