Z-Wave JS / Schlage FE599 / Events Not Working

Hello all. I was hoping someone out there could point me in the right direction.

I have two Schlage locks in my house connected to HA via Z-Wave JS. The first is a touch screen lock that I have now set up to pull event notifications so I can see which user unlocks the door. However, my older FE599 does not behave the same way.

I can control the lock and see its battery level, but when I lock and unlock the door, I don’t see any events showing up on the “zwave_js_notifications” stream.

I have tired re-interviewing the device and removing and re-adding (securely), but I still never see any events. Does this lock send this data differently? I know the alarm level sensors are set up as disabled, but even after I enable them, they never refresh as well.

Thanks all!

Set your zwavejs2mqtt’s zwavejs drvier logs to silly level and lock/unlock your FE599 with a code, then check the log to see what it says.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I grabbed the logs as I entered codes on the door and what I could sus out looked like the alarm level and alarm type both updated, but with the same value.

Then when I dug into the history, I do see that state change. So at least I can use that to tell when a valid code is entered and disable my alarm. But I still can’t see the alarm type change, it just is always 16.

[Node 088] [REQ] [ApplicationCommand] 
                                 └─[SecurityCCCommandEncapsulation]                                    
│ sequenced: false                                    └─[NotificationCCReport] 
                                       V1 alarm type:  16
                                        V1 alarm level: 12021-06-28T03:23:55.675Z CNTRLR   
[Node 088] [~] [Notification] alarmType: 16 => 16                
 [Endpoint 0]2021-06-28T03:23:55.678Z CNTRLR  
 [Node 088] [~] [Notification] alarmLevel: 1 => 1                  

I am seeing the same thing. I just migrated off of Smatthings and onto HA and brought my existing Schlage FE599 lever/latch locks and BE469 deadbolts. Everything paired perfectly. I can control all of the locks and program codes via keymaster.

However only the BE469 deadbolt is sending notifications. The FE599s are silent. There was something similar that happened with Smartthings a few years ago until they rolled out a fix. Is it possible that this is the same problem?

Has anyone come up with a solution for HA?