Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible on HA Core

Hello all!
I have HA Core installed on Raspbian OS on Raspberry Pi 4. After update from version 2021.6.6 to 2021.7.4 the zwavejs integration doesn’t start, in integrations panel I read the message:
“Z-Wave JS Server version is incompatible: 1.7.0 a version is required that supports at least api schema 6”

On that system is installed ZWaveJS2MQTT run on Docker (ZWaveJS2MQTT ver. 4.5.2 and ZWave-js ver. 7.7.2)

I don’t understand if I need to update the zwavejs integration on HA or ZWaveJS2MQTT on docker.
Anyone can help me?

Thank you very much

Your docker version of ZWaveJS2MQTT is outdated, 4.5.2 dates back from June 7th where version 5.4.2 has been released 1 week ago. (Which brings ZWave-JS to version 8.0.5)

zwavejs2mqtt/CHANGELOG.md at master · zwave-js/zwavejs2mqtt · GitHub

Thank you,
but how can update it via docker-compose.yml ??

this is my docker-compose.yml content:

‘’’
version: ‘3.7’
services:
zwavejs2mqtt:
container_name: zwavejs2mqtt
image: zwavejs/zwavejs2mqtt:latest
restart: always
tty: true
stop_signal: SIGINT
environment:
- SESSION_SECRET=******
# - TZ=America/Los_Angeles # uncomment and edit to match you timezone if you want logs time and dates to match yo$
networks:
- zwave
devices:
- ‘/dev/ttyAMA0:/dev/ttyAMA0’
volumes:
- ./store:/usr/src/app/store
ports:
- ‘8091:8091’ # port for web interface
- ‘3000:3000’ # port for zwave-js websocket server
networks:
zwave:
volumes:
zwave-config:
name: zwave-config
‘’’

I must change the line version from ‘3.7’ to ‘5.4’ ?

Thank you very much

I changed the line version but without success.
If I launch the command to rebuild the docker image of zwavejs2MQTT it say that the image is up-to-date.

This is an issue when people just copy something without understanding it. The image line controls what image version is used. The version line relates to the version of docker com[pose syntax used in your file.

Your image line should pull the latest version. You can try the following but I am no expert with docker compose.

docker compose down
docker rm zwavejs2mqtt
docker system prune --all [Answer "yes" to the prompt]
docker compose up

This should stop the container, remove the container, remove any unused images, & download and start a fresh version.

The version in your compose-file is for the Docker Compose version. 3.7 should be fine.
I think you need to run a command like “docker-compose pull” to obtain the latest images.

1 Like

Thank you very much.
I try to change the version line also if I thought it was about docker version…
After remove and compose the zwavejs2mqtt again the version is really the latest and HA works fine again.

Thank you very much!

That’s far too much:

docker-compose pull
docker-compose up -d

should suffice to update the image and recreate the container.

A prune can be done separately as well :slight_smile:

I did say I do not use docker-compose and no expert showed up to assist. :wink:

1 Like