Z-Wave JS UI, and Z-Wave JS

I try now to switch to “Z-Wave JS UI”
@BebeMischa: you pos here

says

Add the Z-Wave JS integration again (even though it is still installed), and uncheck the “Use the Z-Wave JS Supervisor add-on”. Enter the correct address for the community add-on in the URL field in the next step

How do I find out the correct address for the community add-on ?

Thank you!

EDIT:
Ok, did find out what I have to do.
In the add-on configuration I have enable the port of let say it better I have to enter a port. I have used 3000 and re-added the z-wave-integration with the checkbox unchecked and the default value displayed

No, you don’t need to enable any ports in the add-on configuration. By doing that, your z-wave server is exposed outside of the host to everything on your network. It’s unauthenticated and insecure. If that’s something you care about, you should remove the port mapping and just configure the URL (ws://a0d7b954-zwavejs2mqtt:3000), which is given in multiple docs:

https://github.com/hassio-addons/addon-zwave-js-ui/blob/575ecfee400cca6a5e09c30b7baf437ceb126982/zwave-js-ui/DOCS.md#setting-up-the-home-assistant-z-wave-js-integration

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zwave_js/#installing-and-configuring-the-z-wave-integration-in-home-assistant

2 Likes

Hi, thank you! That worked perfectly! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the confusing part of this for me was understanding the documentation here Z-Wave - Home Assistant

For example it maybe could be re-organized to be , a separate page for exact steps one would do to enable the Zwave JS UI addon with the default home assistant that most people run on raspberry pie?

Come on guys. its been months and every update breaks things even more and theres no solution anywhere that I could find, I have sent many support tickets and never got a return from them. maybe someone here can help me fix this. I already pretty much switched all my devices from Zwave to other things. but I still have my garage door and a my garage light on a zwave system. this is my config:
Aeotec Z-Stick USB Gen 5
Garage Door - GoControl GD00Z-8-GC
Light Switch - GE z-wave Jamcco

Garage door has not work in months, Light switch keeps working and stoping on evey update the have. this is my log as of today

Your hardware/os can’t talk to the stick. Something else on the system is using it or it’s a broken stick.

1 Like

“Cannot lock port” usually means you are running both Z-Wave add-ons (official Z-Wave and community Z-Wave JS UI) at the same time, which is not allowed. Is that the case? If so, there are plenty of post in regards to this.

1 Like

Here is how to switch from JS to JS UI.