Z-Wave scripts

I am installing the latest Hassbian image, and noticed two new scripts regarding z-wave
I have looked around the forums, but cannot find any explanation for the two new scripts. Which one is recommended?

do you mean sudo hassbian-config install openzwave-pip & sudo hassbian-config install openzwave

@smile Yes I do.

The Hassbian 1.22 release notes mentions that the openzwave-pip is the recommended script, but it doesn’t come with OZWCP. I use the control panel quite a bit as I am still building the system and adding devices like multi-sensors and such. Now I am researching the forums to see if I need OZWCP or can I do everything from the frontend?

I have used sudo hassbian-config install openzwave , but unable to use OZWCP.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/hassbian-ozwcp/14906/5?u=smile

It has a broken symlink but I’m releasing a patch right tonight.

It doesn’t seem like the OP’s question has been answered - my question, too!

Two new scripts for installing Z-Wave capability:

sudo hassbian-config install openzwave-pip[/code] or [code]sudo hassbian-config install openzwave

I, too feel I’ll need OZWCP.

Which one should I install - or both! Which one is better?

Thanks!

-pip lacks OZWCP and will be deprecated in the next version of HA.

1 Like

THis was helpful. The guide really doesn’t even mention that this is how to do the zwave install. It just says “there’s this tool” and nothing more.

Hey, when I try to use the “sudo hassbian-config install openzwave” script, it says command not found. Is there something else I should be doing?

What version of Hassbian did you image?

Sorry, I don’t remember. But somehow I got z-wave to work now, I tried a couple different methods and now it’s running.