Z-Wave Secure Network Key - options.xml

Over the weekend,I migrated from hassbian to hass.io.

Pretty happy so far with hass.io, except in my OZW_Log.txt I have noticed:

2017-08-15 00:00:00.106 Always, OpenZwave Version 1.4.2508 Starting Up
2017-08-15 00:00:00.777 Info, Setting Up Provided Network Key for Secure Communications
2017-08-15 00:00:00.777 Warning, Failed - Network Key Not Set

I backed=up my options.xml file before I migrated, but I have no idea where or how I will access this in hass.io

Can anyone help?

Hi, you can add “network_key: a0 b0 c0 etc…” directly to the ZWave component in your configuration.yaml file.

Hey thanks, I’m not sure how I missed that.

Looks like its working now.

I set mine up as:

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  network_key: "0xa0,0xb0,0xc0 etc"
1 Like

Maybe untag this as “hassio-repository” so it doesn’t show up here:

https://community.home-assistant.io/tags/hassio-repository

Where do I find the network_key value for my Schlage Connect lock?

hey, i’m not sure what you’re asking about exactly.

the network_key discussed here is the shared key for z-wave network.

if your device is joined to the z-wave network, it should be the same key you specified in the configuration.yaml file.

If it’s something else you’re looking for, can you be more specific?

Read the network key section on this page. It doesn’t come from your lock or other devices.

Yes I finally did figure that out. As a note of interest to anyone trying to add the Schlage Connect to your home-assistant, you need to make sure once the network_key is in your configuration.yaml file, restart HA and then in the HA GUI goto configuration, z-wave and click “add node secure” and put your Schlage Connect in pairing mode. I’ve done this 2 times and it works perfect! You should then have several new schlage connect entities in your HA.

I have been struggling with understanding how the network key works. I have a garage door opener I am trying to add to the network. This may be a dumb question but where do I get the network key to put into the config file to begin with? Also looking at the OZW Log when I try to add the node I see something that looks like a network key, but it has 17 bits and shows up as an error! Thanks for any help!