Z Wave seen in HA but not working

I have HA installed on a pi3 with the all in one installer. I had a few days of learning curves because I couldn’t see the two GE 12722 switches at first, then I could but not control them. A lot of searching on the forums and internet pointed me to a solution. I had it finally up and running and even had ha-bridge going and Echo controlling my harmony hub and those switches. So I updated to .21 through the directions in the tutorials here and now I am back in the same boat. I know my problem is like the ones staring me in the face in blue to the right of me typing right now. I felt this was different enough then those issues because it seems mine was finally working from solutions in those threads but now it isn’t after the update. Let me know what else you need. The log only says the below:

16-06-11 22:44:58 homeassistant.components.zwave: zwave not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

Config is:

homeassistant:
  # Name of the location where Home Assistant is running
  name: Home
  # C for Celsius, F for Fahrenheit
  temperature_unit: F
  # Pick yours from here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_tz_database_time_zones
  time_zone: US/Eastern
  latitude: XXXXXX
  longitude: XXXXX

customize:
    switch.ge_12722_onoff_relay_switch_switch_4:
        friendly_name: Table Light
    switch.__switch_2:
        friendly_name: Kitchen Light

zwave:
  usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
  config_path: /srv/hass/src/python-openzwave/openzwave/config
  polling_interval: 10000
  customize:
    switch.ge_12722_onoff_relay_switch_switch_4:
        polling_intensity: 1
        friendly_name: Table Light
    switch.__switch_2:
        polling_intensity: 1
        friendly_name: Kitchen Light

I know there were some issues with polling and it seems they are back or the solutions to those issues don’t solve the communication anymore. Any ideas why I can see them in HA but not able to control them anymore?

Take the friendly name out of the zwave section; it’s already in your customize section and the only option supported under the zwave section is polling_intensity. I doubt this is the cause of your issues but it is incorrect. It looks like your zwave stick isn’t initialzing though. I use a Wink hub so I don’t have a lot of experience with HA and zwave sticks so hopefully someone else will weigh in.

Thanks! I will get it changed.

If the z stick isn’t initializing why is it that I can see the switches and HA? Honest question, just trying to understand

If you’re seeing the switches then you’re right. As I said, I don’t use a stick at the moment so I was making a guess based on what I saw.