Z-Wave Smoke Alarm Not Appearing in UI

I got the AOTEC Z-Wave stick for Xmas, and am trying to set it up. My first device is a Fisrt Alert Z-Wave Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detector.

I ran the Open Z-Wave control panel and successfully added the detector as node 2. When I test the detector, it reports a different alarm status, so that seems ok.

I saw the solution that worked for another user here, but nothing changed in the HA UI:

The detector does not appear either in the States page or as an entity in the <> developer page page. Not sure what else to try.

EDIT: When I try to update the zwcfg xml file with the node information contained in the post linked above, it reverts to the following after rebooting HA:

<Node id="2" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="161" specific="0" type="Alarm Sensor" listening="false" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="Probe">
	<Manufacturer id="0" name="">
		<Product type="0" id="0" name="" />
	</Manufacturer>
	<CommandClasses>
		<CommandClass id="32" name="COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC" version="1" after_mark="true" mapping="113">
			<Instance index="1" />
		</CommandClass>
		<CommandClass id="132" name="COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP" version="1" request_flags="2">
			<Instance index="1" />
			<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Wake-up Interval" units="Seconds" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="3600" />
		</CommandClass>
	</CommandClasses>
</Node>

I should also mention that I have added (and double-checked) the zwave entry in configuration.yaml:

zwave:
    usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0

Looks like someone else had the same problem in this thread over on r/homeassistant…

I guess I’ll get a different unit.