Z-Wave USB path inconsistent

Hi,

yesterday I installed the new Hassio Version via the regular “Update” Button within hassio. After a reboot over the hassio page the Zwave USB stick is no longer recognized which leads to all my automations currently failing :frowning:

Sun Oct 28 2018 13:02:50 GMT+0100 (CET)

Error setting up entry Z-Wave (import from configuration.yaml) for zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 78, in __init__
    raise ZWaveException(u"Can't find device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: "Zwave Generic Exception : Can't find device /dev/ttyACM1 : ['NoneType: None\\n']"

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 241, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/zwave/__init__.py", line 282, in async_setup_entry
    config_path=config.get(CONF_CONFIG_PATH))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 81, in __init__
    raise ZWaveException(u"Error when retrieving device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))
openzwave.object.ZWaveException: 'Zwave Generic Exception : Error when retrieving device /dev/ttyACM1 : [\'Traceback (most recent call last):\\n\', \'  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/openzwave/option.py", line 78, in __init__\\n    raise ZWaveException(u"Can\\\'t find device %s : %s" % (device, traceback.format_exception(*sys.exc_info())))\\n\', \'openzwave.object.ZWaveException: "Zwave Generic Exception : Can\\\'t find device /dev/ttyACM1 : [\\\'NoneType: None\\\\\\\\n\\\']"\\n\']'

Within my configuration.yaml, I first had /dev/ttyACM1, then after SSHing into hassio changing it to the current /dev/ttyACM0 and finally to /dev/serial/by-id/usb-0658_0200-if00 after finally accessing the ResinOS via SSH.

What causes this error? Please help me as I have no idea how to fix this :frowning:

I haven’t updated yet for this very reason.

Supposedly there is a new page in the configuration section ( i think it’s under “integrations” but I might be wrong) that you can change the path of the zwave stick.

Again, I haven’t tried it but I just saw someone else report this on another thread:

1 Like

Oh, well… had not seen this post but this explains a lot.

Thank you for pointing that out!

SSHing into the hassio and changing the usb path value in .storage/core.config_entries worked for me.

Great this helps me too!

prapse’s suggestion of changing .storage/core.config_entries was the only way I could get my system to start using /dev/ttyACM0 instead of /dev/ttyAMA0 (which I had tried first). My question, why is it ignoring the usb_path entry from configuration.yaml?

Also, I never see anything in the OZW_Log section of the Configuration/Z-Wave page (although I can ssh in and look at OZW_Log.txt directly). Why is that?