Z-Wave working but sidebar menu missing

I am running Home Assistant in docker on the latest version 0.51.1. I was adding new RCS thermostats and they weren’t working (not able to set temp cool and heat separately). Some of the fixes I found were for openzwave so I set off to override some of the configs to override default by mounting the directories/files in my serviced service config. Doing that, I have lost my Z-Wave menu somehow but no errors in the zwave config or in the log that I could see related to this.

So I backed out, config all back to normal, config_path restored and all z-wave devices are working, but still no Z-wave menu. What config would cause the openzwave menu to disappear like that?

Here is my zwave config:

usb_path: /dev/ttyACM0
polling_interval: 60000
config_path: /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.3-py3.5-linux-x86_64.egg/config

I also tried updating config_path to the new one in the docker image, but same issue:

config_path: /usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config

I am using the following to start Home Assistant in the container:

/usr/bin/docker run -d --name="home-assistant" --privileged -p 80:8123 -v /dev/ttyACM0:/dev/ttyACM0 -v /etc/home-assistant:/config -v /etc/home-assistant/zwcfg.xsd:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.3-py3.5-linux-x86_64.egg/config/zwcfg.xsd -v /etc/home-assistant/options.xml:/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/libopenzwave-0.3.3-py3.5-linux-x86_64.egg/config/options.xml -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro --net=host homeassistant/home-assistant

I double checked that none of my changes were committed to the container, still matches the docker hub image so it is most likely something in my config.

Check the Release Notes - these menus were rolled into the main Configuration menu.

I had the same problem. See this topic:

Oops, sorry. I didn’t even notice the update, usually I see the prompt in HA, so I didn’t even think about an update. My HA service auto updates when I start the service.

Adding config: shows the new config panel and it’s fixed.