Z-Wave/Zigbee USB Stick?

I tried pairing a button and this one also threw exceptions but based on logging it looks like something is working. Whenever I hit the button I get this message in the logs:

2017-05-11 15:28:45 WARNING (MainThread) [bellows.zigbee.endpoint] [0xb44a:1] Message on unknown cluster 0x0006

What does that mean? Also, should I be able to see the button on any of the web screens ?

I get a bunch of warnings in the log, but my sensor is working reliably, so I think they can be ignored.

Well, got it all setup @tube0013 was a big help there … stuff is writing to the db, but so far nothing will pair…I tried:

• Iris Gen 1 Smart Outlet
  • Iris Gen 1 Motion
  • Iris Gen 1 Sensor
    …no luck

these errors show up:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/bellows/ezsp.py", line 175, in handle_callback
    handler(*args)
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 149, in ezsp_callback_handler
    self._handle_frame_failure(*args)
  File "/home/hass/.homeassistant/deps/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 221, in _handle_frame_failure
    send_fut.set_exception(Exception("Message send failure: %s" % (status, )))
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/enum.py", line 464, in __str__
    return "%s.%s" % (self.__class__.__name__, self._name_)

Don’t think I’ll solve it tonight LOL
config is as follows and appears to be correct in Home Assistant:

zha:
 usb_path: /dev/ttyUSB1
 database_path: /home/hass/.homeassistant/zigbee.db

Tried updating bellows manually, as it looked like there were some recent updates using: pip3 install update bellows
that updated (within my hass venv) but still no dice … I think I’m close

any guidance is appreciated.

I’m ready to give up. My button appeared to pair and I was getting warning messages logged whenever I pressed the button. After a while though there was a message about “device left” and then the button presses stopped working. Also, the button did not show up on the Home screen.
I have a feeling zigbee support is work in progress and is not ready for prime time yet. Also noticed something on github about bellows implementation not supporting ZDO & ZCL.

Same boat here … not ready to give up quite yet, but think more work is needed to make this project a success. I’ll report back any findings here. Very excited to get this working and ditch the Iris gear.

I believe the gen1 iris devices used a proprietary zigbee protocol, my understanding was they only worked with the iris hub. I have zha working with gen2 iris motion sensor.

Edit: I started a thread for tested zigbee devices:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback and the new thread too! - bummer if it is true that G1 stuff won’t work, but I know that others have hacked versions of G1 stuff working so I’ll not give up hope just yet.

Check this out:

Might help to get the older iris stuff to work.

The Xiaomi stuff is not properly Zigbee HA compliant. I do plan to work on handling “quirks” at some point. I think that ugly backtrace you’re seeing should be fixed by https://github.com/rcloran/bellows/commit/72bc167a1b8752973b20ab04c4f9f2dc58acf278

Given the HUSBZB-1 isn’t readily available in Europe, and it’s Z-Wave would be useless out of the US, will this work easily with other Zigbee USB sticks?

Currently considering the SparkFun Xbee Controller

or this USB ZigBee Module
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/products/7043616/

Looking forward to testing this with some Smart Things multi purpose door/window sensors!

You need a stick that supports emberZnet ezsp

Thanks, going to try with this one
http://uk.farnell.com/telegesis/etrx357usb-8m/zigbee-transceiver-module-2-4ghz/dp/2442933

I’d be interested to hear how you get on.
There are a few other threads regarding choice of stick.

anyone else having issues with ZHA and 0.45.0? My whole HA install dies after less than an hour, haven’t narrowed it down to ZHA yet but it’s the last few errors recorded.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/core.py", line 1015, in _event_to_service_call
    yield from service_handler.func(service_call)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 265, in async_handle_light_service
    yield from light.async_turn_on(**params)
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/light/zha.py", line 99, in async_turn_on

tion
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 259, in request
    v = yield from asyncio.wait_for(reply_fut, timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/tasks.py", line 356, in wait_for
    raise futures.TimeoutError()
concurrent.futures._base.TimeoutErrore[0m````

having to revert back to 0.44.2 to ensure all is still fine for a day or so.

I have the HUSBZB-1 working in HA and paired with a Hue dimmer and 2 Hue bulbs. The bulbs can be controlled both in HA and with the dimmer. However, HA does not update the state of the bulbs after they are turned on/off by the dimmer. Is there any way to get HA to poll for state changes?

I successfully added a Hue bulb today and it worked OK. Then I tried to add a second and I couldnt get it to show up. I gave HASS a restart to see if that would help and the frontend would never load. The log was nothing but errors about unknown clusters and endpoints. I finally had to comment out the ZHA service to get HASS to start. I tried a new db and that worked, but I lost all of my other Zigbee devices. I am messing with a SQL editor now to try and filter out the cluster and endpoints mentioned in the log to see if that works. No luck so far though.

I’m having the same problem, and trying the same workaround with the same results…so far. Please let me know if you come up with something, and I’ll do the same. I REALLY don’t want to have to re-pair all my ZigBee devices…

I never had any luck with the db. Luckily I keep backups of all configs from each day I change anything. I moved the previous days file over and it worked just like before. I am leery about pairing anything new though considering the number of ZHA errors in my log file that I don’t understand.

Interesting. Thanks! I guess I could roll my configs back too, but the weird thing is that I didn’t change anything related to ZigBee. All I’ve done recently is add some Z-Wave devices.

When you were setting up your ZigBee devices, did you pair any and then unpair them? I tested with some spare devices and then removed them before actually adding real devices. I’m wondering if maybe that’s where my unknown cluster/endpoint errors are coming from.

I was trying to add some Hue bulbs directly to HASS. I hadn’t added any other Zigbee or Zwave devices in a few days. I got one bulb to pair OK then ran into issues with the second.

When you say you removed devices, what process did you go through?

I think the end point errors are normal (at least normal for the current state of HASS). I saw another thread a few days ago that seems to hint at that.