Z-wave (zwavejs2mqtt) - door sensor (zd2102eu-5) not completely showing up

Hi, I have quite a few vision zd2102eu-5 laying around (from an old smart home installation that doesn’t exist anymore)
I managed to exclude a few of them and am now trying to get them to be included in my home assistant os set-up.

I am new to Z-wave, but got zwave-js integration with zwavejs2mqtt installed.
Then I got zwavejs2mqtt to include the door/window sensor, but it doesn’t seem to be complete. It also gets back to sleep after 10seconds even after manually waking it up which may have something to do with it…

What I do see is the following

But I don’t get an open/close status or sensor.

In the integration is see the following

Can anyone help me figure out what is going on, going wrong and maybe help me fix it?

What can I check first?

The device needs to finish the interview. Manually wake it up.

I have been trying to do this, but it goes to sleep after 10sec each time, after which I have to push the tampet switch for a few seconds before I can wake it up again for another 10…
At least that is the only way I found to get it awake, maybe I am missing something. I will try it a couple of times more.
Do I have to push reinterview or will it continue when the device wakes up?
Is there no way to manually input some identification etc. to facilitate the process?

That sounds like the right wake up method for that device.The interview usually continues on its own. If it’s not doing anything within that 10 seconds, sounds like something is not working correctly. I’d monitor the driver logs to see if it’s actually communicating with the driver when it wakes.

Well, I have tried to keep the device awake during breakfast this morning, but that didn’t seem to have much effect.
I may try again tonight or exclude and include again or something…
I enabled ‘silly’ logging, but at first glance I don’t immediately know where to start.
I do get the following message a lot:

2022-03-06T23:00:12.182Z DRIVER   RangeError: The value of "offset" is out of range. It must be >= 0 and <= 14. 
                                  Received 15
                                      at new NodeError (node:internal/errors:371:5)
                                      at boundsError (node:internal/buffer:86:9)
                                      at Buffer.readInt8 (node:internal/buffer:424:5)
                                      at parseRSSI (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/controller/SendDataShared
                                  .ts:91:22)
                                      at new BridgeApplicationCommandRequest (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib
                                  /controller/BridgeApplicationCommandRequest.ts:81:24)
                                      at Function.from (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/message/Message.ts:22
                                  8:15)
                                      at Driver.serialport_onData (/opt/node_modules/zwave-js/src/lib/driver/Dri
                                  ver.ts:2135:18)
                                      at SerialAPIParser.emit (node:events:520:28)
                                      at SerialAPIParser.emit (node:domain:475:12)
                                      at addChunk (node:internal/streams/readable:315:12)

What version of zwavejs2mqtt are you using?

With an error like that, you won’t get any help here. You’ll need to submit an issue to node-zwave-js. https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js/issues/new/choose

Thanks I will try that.
I am using version 0.35.2
Meanwhile, no success with the door sensor, I may have to give up and find another solution… But not yet

I got a pretty quick reply on the zwave-js github.
The above error should already be fixed in the current version (8.11.9).
However, my home assistant os seems to still be on 8.11.6, I guess there is no way to update that one to 8.11.9 myself?

No, you’ll have to wait.

OK, thanks.
I’ll try to be patient :innocent:

Alright!
It seems that the last update included the move to 8.11.9 and the sensor seems to work now!
Wonderful, thanks for the help.