Z2M - IKEA Symfonisk Gen2 [E2123] Media Control v1.55

@docBliny @gTunes I’ve added a fix for the bits I missed that was preventing the blueprint triggering the correct volume behaviour. Would you be able to test again for me please?

@docBliny beat me here - I’d figured out the same thing :slight_smile:

Your latest change does indeed fix the issue. Thank you!

I do have one additional request. Roon supports 100 volume steps. Your blueprint sets the max allowable steps to 50. Would you mind changing it to 100? I don’t think there’s a downside for Sonos users and this would enable Roon users to have more granular volume control. I’ve tested this change with Roon endpoints and it works as expected.

Thanks again!

Excellent, appreciate you testing it for me. Yeah the issue was obvious once it was pointed out and I could take the time to review properly. As I said, it’ll teach me for making quick fixes when I have 5 minutes here and there!

I’ve updated the volume steps to 100, you’re right it has no material detriment to Sonos having tested. It was from the original volume code I took from the referenced implementations and had no reason to do anything different, but there you go, it’s in now :smiley:

Excellent. Thanks!

I was jumping through hoops to get this controller to work with Roon - this made it a breeze. Very appreciated.

You’re welcome, pleased it’s been so useful for you.

1 Like

Ready for another version, @Shawsky? :slight_smile:

There’s a bug in the code for volume_down_hold for the ungrouped media players. Here’s the current code:

# Volume Down Hold
          - conditions: "{{ trigger.payload == 'volume_up_hold' and (state_attr(player, 'group_members') == none or state_attr(player, 'group_members') == []) }}"

Note that you’re testing the payload for ‘volume_up_hold’ where you should be testing for ‘volume_down_hold’. The result is that volume_down_hold doesn’t work.

Easy fix :slight_smile:

Ooft that’s a silly copy paste fail. Update made :+1:

1 Like

Been there before and I’ll be there again :slight_smile:

A quick test later and everything looks good. Thanks!

Great. Thanks for re-testing :+1:

Hi. I am back after some time and tested it with Denon HEOS speakers and works great. Thanks a lot.

Great, thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

Hi,

Nice blueprint - thanks for efforts and sharing.

I’m currently using two media players within HA. Spotify media player is used for changing songs, stop/play. Denon media player used for volume up and down. Any guidance what should I do to make it possible to control volume up / down only on the Denon player (and not for Spotify media player volume up / down) ? Currently I’ve set up 2 automations for separate media player, but then it messes up volume up / down (because it also changes Spotify media player volume, which I want to disable).

Thanks

Great work Shawsky!

Is there any chance to share a simple version of the blueprint, where we can customize every button (not just the dots)?

Thanks in advance!

I reply to myself. Based on yours, i create this blueprint to free control all buttons. Feel free to use it!

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Hi @TiToTB

I have checked your blueprint but the double and long press of middle button is not implemented.
I tried to write it without success.

Do you know if it’s possible ?

*Hi @TiToTB

I have checked your blueprint but the double and long press of middle button is not implemented.
I tried to write it without success.

Do you know if it’s possible ?*

The “Play” button only has press supported in the hardware I’m afraid

*Great work Shawsky!

Is there any chance to share a simple version of the blueprint, where we can customize every button (not just the dots)?

Thanks in advance!*

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, I’ve been away. I see you’ve sorted something for yourself now but I was going to suggest just stripping my Blueprint back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @christoffel, any chance of sharing your automation and scripts? I’m trying to build something similar, using the dot’s to switch between favourites etc. And it would be awesome if you were willing to share yours. Thanks!

Hi @Shawsky I really enjoy this Blueprint. Use it since several days on new instance of HomeAssistant with latest Z2M. Seems that Z2M broke dots single press actions. Here is something that works for me:

- conditions: "{{ trigger.payload == 'dots_1_short_release' or trigger.payload == 'dots_1_initial_press' }}"
  sequence: !input single_dot

and

- conditions: "{{ trigger.payload == 'dots_2_short_release' or trigger.payload == 'dots_2_initial_press' }}"
  sequence: !input double_dot

Regards!