Z2M - IKEA Symfonisk Gen2 [E2123] Media Control v1.55

Hi,

Glad you’re finding it useful! Working fine here with everything up to date. The code you’re using has the possibility to be error prone as it’s likely to fire more than once and I suspect you’ll lose the ability to use long press of the dots as initial press fires for this before the long press action.

What firmware version is your device running? It should be up to date and if you’re still having issues I would suggest removing it and repairing it. Make sure you keep pressing a button on the device until it’s fully re-added, these seem to be a bit odd and sometimes certain functions don’t work or misbehave if you don’t keep them fully active whilst Z2M does its thing.

1 Like

@Shawsky

Update 10/23:
Again Thanks. I’ve updated FW on remote, and after that I’m seeing exact behavior as you’ve described - Single press results in double event firing. Anyway I drop my changes, leaving original Blueprint, and everything is working flawlessly. Big Thanks!

Original 10/22:
Thanks for your quick response! Indeed device itself is something I did not updated. Currently the version is 1.0.012. I’ll update it tomorrow, and let you know!

About double firing event, I did a mqtt sniffing, and it looks that pressing dot button triggers only dots_1_initial_press payload, others like long press, and double works perfectly with your blueprint.

1 Like

Cool! Yeah the original firmware released by Ikea worked a fair bit differently!

Now you’re updated everything should be consistent :slight_smile:

1 Like

For some reason I cant seem to get the single press events to work for my remotes. Double press and long press work fine.

Any suggestions?

Yes, update your firmware and then re-add your device ensuring that you’re pressing buttons until complete to keep it awake.

Hi Shawsky, hi everyone ! Thank you Shawsky for sharing this blueprint and the community for testing it and help improving it. Looks very promising, unfortunately I can’t make it work on my side. I must admit i’m new to MQTT as it’s my first device (and pretty new to HA too) but i’ve been able to install my IKEA Symfonisk Gen2 [E2123] remote successfully I think.

Inputs seems to work when I press buttons. Log from Zigbee2MQTT

debug 2023-11-12 12:31:43Received Zigbee message from '0x385b44fffe39155f', type 'commandMoveWithOnOff', cluster 'genLevelCtrl', data '{"movemode":0,"rate":255}' from endpoint 1 with groupID null
info 2023-11-12 12:31:43MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/0x385b44fffe39155f', payload '{"action":"volume_up","battery":null,"linkquality":255,"update":{"installed_version":16777269,"latest_version":16777269,"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'
info 2023-11-12 12:31:43MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/0x385b44fffe39155f', payload '{"action":"","battery":null,"linkquality":255,"update":{"installed_version":16777269,"latest_version":16777269,"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'
info 2023-11-12 12:31:43MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/0x385b44fffe39155f/action', payload 'volume_up'
debug 2023-11-12 12:31:47Received Zigbee message from '0x385b44fffe39155f', type 'commandToggle', cluster 'genOnOff', data '{}' from endpoint 1 with groupID null
info 2023-11-12 12:31:47MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/0x385b44fffe39155f', payload '{"action":"play_pause","battery":null,"linkquality":255,"update":{"installed_version":16777269,"latest_version":16777269,"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'
info 2023-11-12 12:31:47MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/0x385b44fffe39155f', payload '{"action":"","battery":null,"linkquality":255,"update":{"installed_version":16777269,"latest_version":16777269,"state":"idle"},"update_available":false}'
info 2023-11-12 12:31:47MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/0x385b44fffe39155f/action', payload 'play_pause'

I’m able to set actions to my sonos speakers, hue lights, and trigger scenes while setting up automations myself.

But it won’t work using automations made with this blue print, while showing “now” update in the TRIGGERED column as soon as I press any button.

Also, the automation from blueprint doesn’t appear under automations using this remote in MQTT

Sonos Bureau automations is the one made by hand.

Do you have any idea what the issue could be ? I could share some logs if you say which ones.

What is the Sonos Bureau? I use my automation with Sonos devices and it all works fine but I target the Sonos media player created in Home Assistant directly - sounds like you’re using something custom, which I suspect is the root of your problem.

If you can share some details I’ll see what help I can provide.

Hi Shawsky, Thanks for your answer.Sonos_bureau is simply the friendly name of my sonos speaker as selected in the required field. No custom, this comes from the vanilla Sonos integration.

Sorry for the confusion, I gave my handmade automation (the one that works) the same name as the speaker when trying to manage automation with the remote out of your blueprint.

To resume, i can configure a working automation by calling my remote and speaker by hand, but it won’t work by setting one up from this blueprint, filling the exact same settings.

Ok cool, so it’s “just” a media player. It should work fine as that’s exactly what I’m doing with it. I have multiple remotes for different Sonos speaker sets around the house so I’m not sure what’s going on here.

Your remote looks to be up to date - did you re-add it after updating the firmware if it shipped with the very first firmware? Ikea changed the command set in the 2nd firmware onwards and this causes problems if you don’t delete and re-add in Z2M

Let me know and we’ll go from there :smiley:

Hi Shawsky. Thank you very much for trying to help while my issue may be external to your blueprint.

• Remotes (I tried two) were up-to-date out of the box. I’ve been able to use them by setting up a simple automations with play button.

• They’ve been added to my (up-to-date) HA very close to my CONBEEII bridge

• Interviewing had been errorless

• HA had been rebooted after linking remotes to blueprint.

While Remote is attached to an automation from blueprint :

• Inputs are recorded by Zigbee2MQTT
  • Inputs are recorded by MQTT (But automation doesn’t display on MQTT screen of the device, is it normal, because it’s been set up through blueprint ?)

But Nothing happen on the speaker linked to the blueprint’s automation.

With automations created from scratch, everything is the same, but the automation is displayed under the MQTT screen of the remote, and obviously speaker behave according to the remote actions.

I may have found something by setting up a second remote to distinguich automations

Hand-made automation only works in legacy mode. Inputs are recorded everywhere in non legacy but nothing happen on the sonos speaker.

As you said early that your blueprint only works in non-legacy mode, and that this is the setting of my remote associated to the blue print, I guess there’s simply something in my config that avoid my remotes to work in non-legacy ? (Sorry if i’m not clear !)

Hand-made automation

• Legacy : Work
  • Non Legacy : Doesn’t Work

Blueprint automation

• Legacy : Does’nt work
  • Non Legacy : Doesn’t work

I’m sorry I’ve no idea. Both of mine are set to false on the legacy setting. It seems like you have something funky going on in your setup as legacy/non-legacy shouldn’t make a deal of difference for a hand made automation as you’re tailoring it to the commands.

Legacy won’t work with my blueprint as it changes the commands issued from Z2M.

Be worth getting some debug logs from Z2M when you press each button on the remote and also trace information from my blueprint when incorporated into an automation.

Thank you again for helping me. I’ll will dig in my config and try to learn more about HA and MQTT. Perfect opportunity !

No worries, happy to help if I can :slight_smile:

Hello everyone,

I’ve encountered a problem since the last update of Zigbee2MQTT. Everything was working smoothly before, but now I’ve noticed that the single click function on the dot and colon is no longer functioning. Interestingly, other single click functions and the double click function are still working fine. I’ve already tried restarting, but the specific issue with single clicking on the dot and colon persists.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues or knows how to fix this problem?

The firmware is up to date

Edit: Reconnecting to z2m didn’t work either

Edit 2: Problem is known : Ikea E2123 not firing most dots button events anymore · Issue #19971 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

Thanks for the heads up, hadn’t noticed as I don’t use the dots very often but looks like it’ll be fixed in Z2M. Koenkk posted yesterday, the next release will resolve :smiley:

I came here to post about this, but you beat me to it :slight_smile:

I reported this issue to the Zigbee2MQTT folks because the issue is that on firmware 1.0.035, the all combinations of dot presses aren’t being mapped from Zigbee events to MQTT events. There’s no way to build any automation around them including a blueprint.

Here’s the issue: Symfonisk Gen 2 dot press issues (E2123) · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · Discussion #20003 · GitHub

I believe it’s possible that some people on firmware 1.0.0.35 won’t have the problem because their remotes were configured and bound before the firmware update. I’m not 100% sure on this.

The fix in the pipeline. I’ve confirmed that the fix works and I’ve confirmed it with this blueprint.

One caveat is that in order to get it to work, I had to delete and re-add each of my E2123 remotes. You also have to make sure to turn off Legacy mode in Settings (Specific).

For some reason, I also found that I had to pull the batteries on my remotes and leave them out for a minute or two. After that, they worked.

Once this update comes out, if you’re having issues getting your remote to work, give those steps a try. It helps to watch the Zigbee2MQTT log in debug mode to see what’s happening.

1 Like

Are there any plans to support ZHA or deCONZ as well?

Not at this time as I don’t use either. If I get round to setting up another HA instance for testing then I’ll take a look at ZHA.

1 Like