Z2M - IKEA Symfonisk Gen2 [E2123] Media Control v1.55

Thanks for the great work. This is a brilliant blueprint.
Does anyone else have the problem that the play/pause button does not work?
I use a dot button to start playing a Sonos playlist. All other buttons work just fine as expected. But I cannot just start or pause playing.

1 Like

Thanks kenno, I’ll take a look at incorporating this when I get chance

Glad you like it and find it useful :smiley:

Regarding the problem you have, assuming the firmware is up to date? Check the “Settings (specific)” in Z2M, Legacy should be set to false.

If that doesn’t work, remove the device and try re-adding whilst pressing buttons repeatedly until it has been full added to Z2M, the devices can be a bit odd and not all features seem to get detected all of the time.

I think I found the problem already…although I was not able to find a solution yet.
It seems like the Sonos system does not have a play/pause functionally.
I guess it is this bug:

It works fine on my Sonos system so it’s not that. Pressing play when stopped will resume and when playing it will halt the music without clearing the queue etc exactly as you’d expect.

I have some problems with the blueprint and hope you can help me. Today I added the E2123 into my Z2M installation, did the update and set up the blueprint. volume up + down and play/pause works perfekt, but the one and two dot buttons don’t work.
For example I have added the action Mediaplayer → Play Media and as Media I tried the favorites from Sonos and a radio station from Radio Browser.
Did I set it up wrong?

EDIT: I just saw that in Z2M the action under Details don’t show anything when I press the dot-buttons. When I press volume up/down, there is something shown.

For everyone who has the same problem: I found the solution on IKEA E2123 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT
I just had to repair the media control after the update. Now all works perfect :slight_smile:

Glad you got it sorted but almost always these issues are related to the device not binding correctly - they’re a bit strange when you add them in.

I added the blueprint, but when I try to set it up I get the following unresponsive page. There is also no selection box for the Remote (which is available in Zigbee2MQTT, and as device) in the Blueprint.

Anyone any idee what causes this?

I have a different issue.

I managed to connect the device and then updated the firmware (which caused dot-1 and dot-2 to no longer work).

I removed the device from Z2M and repaired the device and although it paired it does not respond to any commands. When I try to configure the device I receive the following message:

Failed to configure 'Ikea Master Bathroom Remote', attempt 9 (Error: {"address":15879,"clusterId":32801,"sequence":212} after 10000ms at Object.start (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/utils/waitress.ts:63:23) at Driver.zdoRequest (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/driver/driver.ts:659:43) at /app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/adapter/ezsp/adapter/ezspAdapter.ts:574:13 at Queue.execute (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/utils/queue.ts:35:20) at Endpoint.bind (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman/src/controller/model/endpoint.ts:551:13) at Object.bind (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/src/lib/reporting.ts:43:9) at Object.configure (/app/node_modules/zigbee-herdsman-converters/src/devices/ikea.ts:1204:13) at Configure.configure (/app/lib/extension/configure.ts:122:13) at Configure.onMQTTMessage (/app/lib/extension/configure.ts:55:21) at EventEmitter.wrappedCallback (/app/lib/eventBus.ts:174:17))

It seems as if the device is timing out, but I don’t know why as the signal seems great.

When I paired the device for a second time, I did notice the device retained its name. Question: This leads me to think that there is a way to factory reset the device so that it binds to Z2M as if it were the first time, is there?

Not something I’ve seen before, it’s working for me on a fully uptodate install (see pic). Looks like HA might be struggling to find devices that match or talk to Z2M? Not sure what to suggest tbh

Yes I think it is struggling somehow… When waiting for ~1 min, the Symfonisk controller is found in the end, and I can use the blueprint! When I want to change something in the new automation, again I have to wait (maybe 30 sec) until the controller is “found” an I can update the automation. Everything is running in Proxmox quit snappy on a NUC11 (Pentium® Silver N6005) with 4 GB for the VM. Home Assistant in up to date.

Hello,

Thanks for the blueprint.

It’s all working except for the volume.

Speakers are Sonos Amps controlled via Music Assistant so using the Music assistant add on and integration.

The commends seem to be coming through to HA via MQTT correctly.

I have two remotes and two amps and both are behaving the same. Any ideas?

It’s not something I use so no idea I’m afraid. Is everything working without the music assistant stuff eg normal media player plus the blueprint?

I have two Symfonisk speakers which I link in the Sonos app to have them play the same streams at the same volume.
How can I use this blueprint to have the volume change both speakers? I can only select 1 media player.
I can´t create a group in the Sonos app since that only works with 3 or more devices.

Thanks for nice simple blueprint!

I recently got my remote and it turned out it has newer firmware which changes ‘toggle’ action to ‘play_pause’. I have updated blueprint to support that for my own purposes, but also wanted to share the change here if someone encounters the same problem (change is simple, just adds one ‘or’):

What version of the firmware do you have? I’ll look to incorporate the changes to the blueprint if it is newer than the fw I have.

If the speakers are grouped in the Sonos app then the volume press affects all speakers in the group, the selected media player for the blueprint is simply the “main” speaker where grouping is being used.

Are you sure you can’t group two sets of speakers? I have speakers in two rooms and they could be grouped even when they were the only ones I had (granted there’s two speakers in each room paired for stereo). I’m using the S2 app, perhaps yours are S1?

I have 1.0.35 and according to IKEA E2123 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT it is exactly the one that started using “play_pause” instead of “toggle” - well, can confirm that indeed it does.

In fact it is a bug introduced in the latest zigbee2mqtt due to ikea refactoring. play_pause payload is sent only when Legacy is enabled.

1 Like