Z2M - IKEA Symfonisk Gen2 [E2123] Media Control v1.55

I have 1.0.35 on both of mine, as the reply below yours, you need to set legacy = false in the settings specific option and then it’ll work without modification :slight_smile:

As a lot of ikea code has been rewritten, In the next version of zigbee2mqtt, the model name will change and the blueprint will not discover the remote anymore.

device:
identifiers:
- zigbee2mqtt_0x540f57fffe449664
manufacturer: IKEA
model: SYMFONISK sound remote, gen 2 (E2123)

Yeah, changing this option in zigbee2mqtt worked too, now it reports ‘toggle’ as action. Weird that ‘legacy’ is defaulting to true (it was showing “?” as value initially, so I assume that means “not set” and using default). I was using zigbee2mqtt 1.33.1, so a bit older than latest.

So, if that’s my specific case that’s all fine - problem fixed with the toggle, however if the default behavior is sending ‘play_pause’ then I think adding support for it in the blueprint would be a good move to spare people of going to zigbee2mqtt settings to change that (and even realizing that this is the problem)

Thanks. Can you point me to where I can find info about the Ikea changes please?

Yes it is strange, I didn’t have to set it at all when I got the remote and it provided “toggle” as the action when on the latest firmware so something else must have changed somewhere but I find it weird that the default seemingly is legacy…oh well!

I may well incorporate the change but without reviewing all of the response I’m sure others have had other issues as a result of the legacy option.

As you can see from the other posts there’s other changes I need to make so will considrr everything when I get chance to sit down and work through it :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks. The zigbee model name isn’t changing so the devices will still be picked up, unless I’m missing something?

It does confirm the docs are incorrect though as it shows play/pause is legacy & deprecated. The docs show 1.0.35 as issuing play/pause rather than toggle.

You are missing a comma.
Before refactoring, model name was:

model: SYMFONISK sound remote gen2 (E2123)

After refactoring:

model: SYMFONISK sound remote, gen 2 (E2123)

With the new modern extends, toggle will be default, but better update blueprint to use both cases.

The comma only appears in the description though, not the zigbee model name - isn’t it this that gets passed through for the device selector?

I will add support for both as it’s just going to remove a lot of noise and unnecessary difficulties.

I am testing the new modern extends and I can confirm that the blueprint is not detecting any remotes. I had to modify the blueprint to work.

In blueprint, the selector catches the model name without comma

selector:
device:
integration: mqtt
manufacturer: IKEA
model: SYMFONISK sound remote gen2 (E2123)
multiple: false

But in home assistant the model name is with comma.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I’ve update the blueprint to account for the new model name as well as the old and added support for the legacy play/pause.

Would you mind testing for me please?

Yes, it is working nicely

Great! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi,

Just published a new version (v1.55) with additional filtering suggested by kenno which will prevent every automation you have using this Blueprint firing when any of your devices are used.

It should help keep logs clean and prevent the false positive of your automation appearing active when it was another device firing its own automation.

Enjoy.

Hi!

Thank you so much for this blueprint. For the first time I’m able to use a remote control with my HomePods!

Everything is working great.

I’ve noticed only a issue with the “Previous Track” and “Next Track” buttons.
They work, but they skip 2-3 tracks for each press of the button instead of skipping a single track.

May this be a problem related to HomePods?
I’ve searched this topic but I haven’t found someone with the same issue.

Have you got any suggestion?

I should say that I’m a totally newbie.
So I’m not so good in “programming” or something too technical. But I do my best to understand it.

Thank you again for your work!

Glad you’re liking it. Few things to check to try and work out where the problem lies but let’s start with this:

Have a look at the device itself in HA and you’ll see the actions being registered on the righthand side in the Logbook. If there’s only single entries for each press then the device and Z2M are working correctly.

Than you for your reply!

Yes, I confirm that there only one entry, but it skipped 2 previous tracks.

But strangely there’s a second “action” triggered that I didn’t do.
I only pressed the “previous track” button.

It would be great if also the previous/next track works, but it’s ok. Been able to change volume, resume or stop the music is just awesome!
So I can’t complain with that :slight_smile:

I’ve noticed now.

Every button I press generate second action.

All works good except the previous/next track, but every button generates a second action.

Yes, that’s normal so it’s working ok, I see the same and with my Sonos players one press = one track skip. It looks like the issue might be the HomePods but that’s not something I have to test with unfortunately.

Oh, it’s ok. I thought it could be that.

Again, thank you very much!