Z2M - ROBB Smart 8-Button Switch (ROB_200-007-0) blueprint

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share a blueprint with you guys for the ROBB ROB_200-007-0 that I created a while back.

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

677 11-29-48-0265

Description
It’s a simple blueprint that just maps all the available actions for all 8 buttons. The available actions are:

• short press (each button)
  • long press (each button)
  • release (each button row)

This allows you to map any of the button (events) to any action you choose.

Store link

FYI

• I don’t plan on supporting ZHA, Deconz, etc. but feel free to draw inspiration from my work :slight_smile:
2 Likes

I modified your blueprint for ZHA usage now, see this topic: ZHA ROBB Smart 8-Button Switch (ROB_200-007-0) blueprint

I have made a version for deconz based on this. But i don’t know how to upload it to this forum. Is there a manual how to share the blueprint? Thanks!

This doesn’t seem to trigger anything when the buttons are pressed… I have one of the 8 way button controllers succesfully paired via MQTT and I can see it firing “Switch action changed to ‘on_1’” etc in the HA logbook. The switch is selected in the blueprint. But never seems to trigger. Bit new to HA so anything I might be doing wrong?

EDIT: If it helps I am running Zigbee2MQTT on a separate raspberry pi so within HA the controller appears within the MQTT broker integration

If anyone stumbles on this in the future, what I had to do was edit the blueprint code to remove the line ‘attribute: action’ from the trigger settings. Then reload automations in HA.

I believe you might also be able to just toggle on ‘Home Assistant legacy entity attributes’ in Zigbee2MQTT, haven’t tried that approach yet.

2 Likes

This blueprint doesn’t seem to work anymore in the latest version of home assistant. I get an error
Stopped because of unknown reason "null"

anyone else has this issue?

Found it finally… mode has been set to restart. The button does trigger 2 messages, so after a moment the automation was restarted.

I have set the mode de queue, now it is working again.

2 Likes

How did you change the mode to queue?

Thanks for the info, it helped a lot

The file is on GH here, if you’d like to make the PR for it :]