Z2M - Xiaomi Cube Controller

Is it possible to remove this sub condition

- conditions: '{{ sub_event == 0 }}'
                sequence: []

I don’t want to add all scenarios for each side.
For me enaught just to rotate in any side.

Im trying to configure blueprint, unfortunately in GUI i dont see device (magic_cube).
Im using Z2m with conbee II and i have aqara magic cube on the list, working properly.

Any idea?

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue.

This would be a lot easier for your users to import and keep track of if you add an import link…
Simply fill this in and then add the markdown code to the original message…

Like this:

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Looks like this in Markdown…

[![Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.](https://my.home-assistant.io/badges/blueprint_import.svg)](https://my.home-assistant.io/redirect/blueprint_import/?blueprint_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcommunity.home-assistant.io%2Ft%2Fz2m-xiaomi-cube-controller%2F263006)

As far as the Blueprint itself goes, it’s awesome and works perfectly.
You may want to add in the initial message ( or better yet the Description of ‘sensor to use’ inside the blueprint ) what sensor to use to get the is to work. I see people seem to be confused because all you need exported to HA to make this work is the sensor.##Device_Name##_action sensor and that is what you put in for the controller to use question. This may seem obvious, but not for everyone. The rest of the sensors can be hidden unless you want to watch battery or signal from diagnostics.

Thanks for the great code!!

What about lowering the brightness?
Is it as simple as adding a negative sign in the template?

UPDATE…
I figured this out and put the new code in my ‘forked’ version of this blueprint.

CW is a positive angle and CCW is a negative angle, so don’t futz with the sign…

Thanks for the idea.

Thanks for this bud, works flawless for me and love that I can change scenes using the rotate clockwise and counter clockwise

I see a couple of other changes that I think should be made.
I believe I’m going to ‘fork’ off of this and start another version. The logging should not be on all the time, and I have a better way to display the last action to a sensor instead, so that you can troubleshoot and generate the actions easier.
That along with some of the descriptions I think a few tweaks like that would make this a lot better.
The basic code is sound and doesn’t need a thing.

Community link for my forked version of this blueprint:

source_url from GitHub: https://github.com/SirGoodenough/HA_Blueprints/blob/master/Automations/Zigbee2MQTT%20-%20Xiaomi%20Cube%20Controller.yaml
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Event Sensor in Action:

Sample Script Generation Screen

1 Like

Great Blueprint, I especially like the respect for which face is up functionality. Unfortunately I’m a Deconz user. Is this Blueprint coming for Deconz too?

I am also getting these issues. I see that if I change all of the trigger.to_state.attributes.action to trigger.to_state.state then shake will work, but the flip90’s won’t as the sub_event is never populated.

I wonder if something changed with how the action entities are set/updated?

Looks like that states are no longer in the main action’s attributes. I’m running HA 2022.3.1, and Zigbee2MQTT 20211217. Maybe something changed in an update?

EDIT:

On further testing, it seems I can get it to work with the blueprint as-is IF I enable “Home Assistant legacy entity attributes” & “Home Assistant legacy triggers”.

3 Likes

Did you ever get it working without setting homeassistant: false in configuration (which caused problems when HAOS is restarted)

If I have is set to true, I just keep getting flashes, and ’ ’ as the final action payload in HA, and I can’t seem to catch the first payload.

Thanks! You’ve saved me a big headache - when after few hours I was unable to get the cube working.

1 Like

Hi,
I’m looking for sort of a “reality check” on what I’m trying to do with my cube. I would like to be somehow able to detect the direction of 1side flip.

Basically what I was trying to do before getting stuck in the “well how the hell would that work” phase is to make the cube work as arrow keys. I already use it for many media controls when watching kodi and was thinking if I could just flip the cube left/right/up/down (where “top” would be the face which was on top at the time of 1st flip).

Would something like this be possible in any (however elaborate) way?

If you pick a starting point, you know where it is. on that starting side draw an arrow up so you know how to position it. Then each flip is from that side to one of the other 4 sides. The cube will tell you the from and the to.
Don’t know if this blueprint will do it or not, but mine would.

Just installed this blueprint but cannot get it working with HA 2022.10.

The device works fine but the blueprint is never triggered.

alias: Cube living room
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: SirGoodenough/Zigbee2MQTT - Xiaomi Cube Controller.yaml
  input:
    remote: sensor.cube_living_room_action
    slide_face_0:
      - service: light.turn_off
        data: {}
      - service: switch.turn_off
        target:
          entity_id: switch.kitchen_light_outlet_local
    rotate_cw_face_0:
      - service: media_player.volume_up
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.sony_ke_48a9
    rotate_ccw_face_0:
      - service: media_player.volume_down
        target:
          entity_id: media_player.sony_ke_48a9

Change your legacy settings on your device.

I have all the set-up and configuration options that you are looking for in my version of the cube controller…

Anyone knows how to download any of blueprints discussed there? links don’t work anymore.

Mine works just above…
@hroman

same here, how an i download the latest version of the blueprint?

It’s possible the code is abandoned. Haven’t heard from the author in a while.
If that’s the case and the link does not work, you will have to copy it over manually and take your chances.