Z2MQTT + Skyconnect -- no network map

Hi,

I just migrated from ZHA to Z2MQTT and so far all my devices are working and reporting perfectly. I just have minor issues

• OTA for my Smart Plugs (Nous A1Z) is slow and frequently interrupted by the device according the logs

• network map stuck on loading

Is there any solution for that? If not, what is the most recommended USB Zigbee coordinator for Z2MQTT?

Thanks
L:

I’m pretty new to zigbee, but the map works with z2m for me with skyconnect and about 15 devices. Doesn’t necessarily help you, but the combination in at least some setups works.

Anything else than this in your serial config? It is very strange because the devices are ok, but the pretty map just stuck at loading :slight_smile:

Serial config

port: >-
  /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Nabu_Casa_SkyConnect_v1.0_e2fb75ab575aed11b9cfed165820eef3-if00-port0
adapterss: ezsp

Socat

enabled: false
master: pty,raw,echo=0,link=/tmp/ttyZ2M,mode=777
slave: tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5
options: "-d -d"
log: false

For me rendering the map started to be very slow (longer than the 1-2 minutes announced in the ui) as soon as more than a couple of devices were connected. Maybe some timeout?

Maybe. Because Skyconnect considered beta from Z2M perspective, I decided to replace it with a Sonoff coordinator. I hope it will perform better for both issues. Skyconnect is perfect for ZHA (obviously :)), but it seems it is not as good for Z2M

L:

You’re probably right here; for me Z2M with SkyConnect is very unreliable.