Zanzito - A lightweight bridge between your Android device and your MQTT/home automation system

Thanks, I’m still struggling between mqtt and Google Firebase Messaging. What will be better for battery and still have reasonable latency.

MQTT seems fine to me.

Somebody made it working with Ngnix?
Just try to set it up - but cant find good informations

Is what working with nginx?
mqtt?

I struggle a lot with the NGNIX part atm - But yes
The reverse proxy handles the SSL encryption, added in nginx 1.9
https://frankfurtlovesyou.com/posts/mqtt-bridge-with-mosquitto-and-nginx.html

The websockets option is maybe another take
http://www.steves-internet-guide.com/mqtt-websockets/

Hello everybody,

I’m not sure if you knew about this app:

Its a Android app with build-in device tracking capabilities and many other features.

In my experiments I set up a node red notification to send a notification via SMS. It all worked well. However, I must have had the message set as retained and now every time I connect with Zanzito I send and receive the sms test message.

I have tried to send a blank payload and retained to false but I can’t seem to clear it.

Any suggestions?

You have to publish a blank message with retain=true, not retain=false. That will cause the broker to purge the topic’s message. After that’s done, then you make sure that all future messages are published with retain=false.

Thank you, that worked.

Out of interest. Do you have a prefered QoS for Zanzito? 0/1/2

I don’t use Zanzito and I don’t have a preferred level of QOS. I think the choice of QOS level depends on the situation. For my home network, I’ve has no problems (so far) using QOS 0.

Here is a good explanation of MQTT’s QOS. After reading it, you can decide what you think is best for your situation.

https://www.hivemq.com/blog/mqtt-essentials-part-6-mqtt-quality-of-service-levels/

123 thank you

I just changed my phone. Searching for the zanzito app on the play store, no results found. It has been removed? I can find the license app that I purchased but not the main app.

Hi!
I didn’t find the tool too in the Google Play store. Could someone please confirm that it’s deleted or abandoned from the store? And can someone send the APK? :slight_smile: I just configured some of my previous installs on another phone, and works absolutely great! :slight_smile:

Best: Peter

I really wish it were just released to open source

2 Likes

Just saw this in another thread - maybe it’s helpful::

Ariela is great, but Find3 does interior position tracking. If Ariela supported the Find3 tracking fingerprints, that would basically make Zanzito obsolete.

I have in my TODO list a new feature for Ariela called : room presence based on BluetoothDevice.
This means you can be able to setup Ariela to tell HA in which room you are and also automatically tell if you are home or not :slight_smile:

Oh nice. Didn’t realize you were the dev. I love the app. I also can’t find out how to get it back out of “Web UI mode”, but that’s another story :wink:

Love interior positioning as an idea for a feature. I would consider using the ML algorithms that Find3 has created as a model for determining location from RSSI. I’ve tried a couple of methods and the Find3 model is significantly more reliable than anything else. Much better than more naive bayesian filter implementations.
Or, even easier is to just send the Find3 location fingerprints to a find3 server. The implementation in the find3 android app is really simple and you could lift it directly.
Also, once we have 802.11mc, this all becomes very, very easy :slight_smile:

Thank you, it worked perfectly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is the FIND integration working? Mine doesn’t work, no updates in:
https://ml.internalpositioning.com/location?group=

For FIND3, cloud.internalpositioning is giving me a an error (502 bad gateway) on different networks and devices so I can’t use that…

Is there any way to get FIND to work as of today in Zanzito? Is there any other options?