I’m happy to announce that Zanzito has been officially released on the Google Play store!
After months of testing and the invaluable help of many HA users, Zanzito is now a stable and (hopefully) useful app for your Android devices. Thank you!
Being officially released, now it is possibile to share your Zanzito license with all the members of your family, without buying any additional one (in selected countries). Please see here.
Now you can also publicly rate the app: if you are happy with Zanzito, please tell everyone on the Play store!
You can find everything you need to know in the User manual, including various examples of integration with Home Assistant.
You can find a custom HA notifier component here: https://tinyurl.com/ha-component
Following is a recap of everything that Zanzito has to offer.
With Zanzito, you can send to your server/home automation system information from your Android phone:
- Your current location;
- The values of the hardware sensors in your phone (i.e. battery level, ambient temperature, light level and so on);
- Pictures from your phone (manually or at a given interval).
- Any other information you want through MQTT publishing to your own custom topics (“Activities”). For example, you can send a message to switch a light on, or activate your home alarm system.
You can also receive:
- Text messages and notifications;
- Audible alarms;
- SMS text messages to be sent through your phone.
- Any other information (including pictures) through MQTT subscriptions to your own custom topics (“Reports”).
Zanzito also supports:
- SSL/TLS connections to the MQTT broker and dual host configuration (public/local addresses) with home WiFi auto-detection.
- Custom voice commands for any publishing topic (“Activity”) added by the user and, EXPERIMENTALLY, continuous voice recognition.
- Text to speech functionality (TTS) also via MQTT.
- FIND (www.internalpositioning.com) for room presence detection.
- Auto-discovery of current topics on your MQTT server.
- Admin module to manage remotely all your Zanzito devices.
- Remote administration via MQTT.
Once downloaded and installed, Zanzito will work in “demo” mode: it will connect to your MQTT server for each first 120 minutes every four hours. After the four hours have passed, you will have to restart the connection manually.
In demo mode you can add only one custom Activity and one custom Report and the Admin module will be restricted to your own current device.
There are two licensing levels available:
- Base. It unlocks all current Zanzito’s functionalities except the Admin module;
- Full. It unlocks all Zanzito’s functionalities, forever.
An upgrade from Base to Full is available.