ZBMINI in ZHA - enable edge mode

Hello
It seems like the default mode of the ZBMINI is “follow”, any way to change this to “edge”?
I am using Conbee2 with ZHA.

Do you mean changing the mode of the attached switch to momentary?

Yes exactly!

I have the ZBMINI-L no neutral version. On it, it took a bit of sherlock holmes to find the steps in the various ‘manuals’:

// SONOFF ZBMINI-L Switch, no neutral wire required
// 2022-Feb-09

// Press the button on the device three times until the red led flashes 3 times.
// This will change the operation of the switch between the two options,
// rocker switch or momentary switch. It may take a couple tries to get the function to work.

Thank you for the response, unfortunately that didn’t do anything. I tried for 5 minuten straight. Only the light went on and off by pressing the button.

I do have the normal ZBMINI tho: Sonoff - ZBMINI - Zigbee - Homekit | bol.com

Maybe it’s different firmware?

Well, that sux! in reading the specs and manuals link below, it does look like only the -L supports the momentary switch. In reading, it looks like you can use the -L in a same single switch setup with neutral as well as a setup withOUT neutral. So maybe try the -L. I had mixed results iwth zigbee2mqtt and CC26xx dongle, as did others (search here on forum) with the -L unit in no neutral 110 volt setup. The unit was a bit slow to respond to remote commands, no issues with it responding to the momentary switch I had attached. You might not have these issues with either/both 220 volt and a neutral circuit. I’d send you my to -L’s as I am not going to use them, however the postage would probably be more than ordering them from CN. :upside_down_face::earth_asia:

Good hunting!

It seems like the normal ZBMINI is able to switch to Edge Mode, but it seems to be only configurable through their app…

I read the link as only being for the WiFi MINI, not the ZBMINI.

Maybe someone with the Sonoff Hub and eWeLink can clarify.

As popular as Sonoff devices are, I’d expect ZHA or Z2M would have exposed the settings by now if they exist, but like surprises.

This might offer you some options, will require a bit of work to replace the firmware in the device. I have only used the CC25xx version of this firmware, however I have found it to be very robust and have a lot of configuration options.

https://ptvo.info/custom-firmware-for-sonoff-zbmini-01minizb-and-ewelink-switch-zr-02-923/

I was interested in the same and I didn’t find a software solution, so I decided to go with a hardware solution.

The inner button is in edge mode, so I just soldered a wire to the non-ground button leg and connected it to the momentary switch, with S1 connected to the other end of the switch. Works.

1 Like

Wow, that’s an amazing solution!
I don’t really understand the wiring tho, you mind showing a better picture of the wiring?

Thanks!

TL;DR: connect your switch to S1 and to the soldered cable, so that pushing the switch short-circuits the soldered cable with S1.

I see how the fact that I labeled the S1 screw GND can be confusing, sorry. To clarify: S1 is not the ground wire for the high voltage cables. It’s the board’s low voltage state or the board’s GND.

I used a multimetr to figure out that one leg of the built-in button (the bottom one, as you look at my picture) is short-circuited with the S1 screw and also short-circuited with a spot labeled GND on the other side of the board. I also noticed, that when you push the built-in button, the button short-circuits its legs together. Therefore, short-circuiting the top leg with S1 is equivalent to pushing the button.

Does this make sense now?

Note that ZHA today do not yet expose all configuration options even if there is a software solution, see:

https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/discussions/934

An other option, install the toggle switch, powered on and push 3 times quick the switch, than the toggle mode is working, when power of and on again, the first ti pressing is not a toggle, second and following times is time is ok