Zemismart KS-811 working with ESPHome!

Im confused about which bin file to use to flash this model, can you help me please? This is my first time flashing over serial since tuya stopped working. Great information BTW

The bin file that esphome generates when you compile.

1 Like

I’m having trouble getting it into flashing mode, mine blinks fast 2 times then 1 a little bit longer and then the LEDs go off. Is that ok??

Hello!

I can flash the device with 1 gang.
Bought now with 3 gang and can not apply the flash.

1. I’ve tried calling by holding the buttons
  2. I already switched TX with RX

I am using “ESPHome-Flasher-1.1.0-windows-x64”, and when starting the flash, shows this error.

got it :smiley:

I flashed mine via tuya-convert today! (I bought it when this thread started in May 2019 but haven’t used it until now). It is the two gang one.

Now for esphome…

1 Like

Over the air?

I flashed it using tuya-convert, so yes OTA. Esphome works too.

Hi All,

I have v1.3 - 2 gang switch. My aim is to flash it with Homekit binary file to I can add it into my Homekit system directly. I saw a Youtube video where someone already done it. (but didn’t explain how)

Here are list of the things that I have done so far:

Using esptool.py

Flushed with Tasmota.bin - worked okay without any issue

Flushed with fullhaaboot.bin - it flashed okay but cannot see the wifi. connected to mains, still nothing.

Flushed with rboot.bin blank_config.bin otaboot.bin - it flashed okay but cannot see the wifi. connected to mains, still nothing.

Flushed with rboot.bin blank_config.bin sonoff_off.bin - it flashed okay but cannot see the wifi. connected to mains, still nothing.

Using tasmotizer.exe

Flashed with tasmota.bin then configured the tasmota and in tasmota config page upgraded with fullhaaboot.bin. Flashing part was okay but no wifi again.

So I can flash this device with any .bin file but only tasmota.bin works. I got fullhaaboot.bin from Installation · RavenSystem/esp-homekit-devices Wiki · GitHub I guess reputable enough source. Still nothing.

Could someone shed some light on this issue? Here are flashing details:

C:\Python\Python38-32\Scripts>esptool.py.exe -p COM3 erase_flash

esptool.py v2.8
Serial port com3
Connecting…
Detecting chip type… ESP8266
Chip is ESP8285
Features: WiFi, Embedded Flash
Crystal is 26MHz
MAC: 2c:6a:ab:05:9d:3b
Uploading stub…
Running stub…
Stub running…
Erasing flash (this may take a while)…
Chip erase completed successfully in 1.3s
Hard resetting via RTS pin…

C:\Python\Python38-32\Scripts>esptool.py.exe -p COM3 --baud 115200 write_flash -fs 1MB -fm dout -ff 40m 0x0 fullhaaboot.bin

esptool.py v2.8
Serial port com3
Connecting…
Detecting chip type… ESP8266
Chip is ESP8285
Features: WiFi, Embedded Flash
Crystal is 26MHz
MAC: 2c:6a:ab:05:9d:3b
Uploading stub…
Running stub…
Stub running…
Configuring flash size…
Compressed 401388 bytes to 284499…
Wrote 401388 bytes (284499 compressed) at 0x00000000 in 25.4 seconds (effective 126.6 kbit/s)…
Hash of data verified.

Leaving…
Hard resetting via RTS pin…

Regards

I’m trying to send esphome to zemismart ks811 1 gang but the newer model… but i cant get to send it. I’ll show th e image below how i’m trying… anyone can help me with the right RX, TX, GND and V? I think gpio0 is in the main button.

Hey @ricardomedicina did you ever figure out the pins on these newer boards? I have a 2021.7.27 version which is a little newer than your photo but has the same 6 holes…

Anyone else managed to figure this out?

@TommySharpNZ and @ricardomedicina

Your models may be the BK version.

See article:

1 Like