Zemismart Matter M1 - Problem with some sensors in HA

Hello,
This is my first time writing a Topic in this community.
I have looked for some solution here, but i couldn´t find anything related.

I have a problem with two kind of sensors that are not shown or well configured in HA through Zemismart M!. These sensors are Zigbee.

1. White TO-Q-SY1-163ZT - TUYA ZigBee Smart Circuit Breaker Smart Switch 1P 63A

This sensor has a switch and power meter. In the HA, 5 switches were shown, and no sort of metering system.

1. PJ-ZGD01 - Tuya Smart Life ZigBee Garage Door Opener Controller

This sensor doens´t appear on HA.

Can someone help me to configure these sensors on HA through Zemismart M1 matter gateway. To connect this gateway, i installed add on Matter Server and Integration Matter Server.

Thanks

Tuya’s implementation of the Matter Bridge is still rather limited, it does not include all devices types that are possible to be exported.

The current Matter standard version 1.2 does not include Energy and Power monitoring, hopefully there will be added in the next update of the specifications.

is the zemismart M1 a good ZigBee/meter coordinator/hub for HA? will this work as a ZHA ZigBee coordinator? or does it only works with tuya app, and tuya integrations?
does anyone know? i figured you might, since you have it… :slight_smile:
cheers

Zemismart M1 is a Tuya Zigbee devices hub and Matter Bridge. It supports Tuya devices only, and can not be used as a Zigbee coordinator for ZHA.

Some of the Tuya Zigbee devices (not all) can be brought to HA when the Zemismart hub is paired as a Matter device.

But, I think that all Tuya devices that can be brought via the Matter Bridge functionality are already supported directly by ZHA and Zigbee2MQTT …

One useful application of the Tuya Matter Bridges would be to keep away the spammy mmWave radars from ZHA/Z2M Zigbee mesh.

When integrated via Matter, these send only the presence/occupancy changes, but not the unnecessary distance reports that can totally jam the Zigbee coordinator used in HA.

Thanks for the answer, it helps clarifies things for me.

Would you recommend it as a matter router for HA,
Or would you consider this product to be too expensive and too early to adopt at this point for matter devices.

I’m considering ordering one to test out, but now that I know it does not function as a z h a coordinator, i have my doubts…

Zemismart M1 is not much of a use with Home Assistant for bridging Zigbee devices - the device types exported by Tuya is very lmited.

ZHA/Z2M provide much better Tuya Zigbee devices compatibility in HA.

The only useful application that I can think about is isolating the spammy mmWave sensors to be handled in the Tuya hub, so that they do not flood the HA Zigbee network with useless distance reprots.

The second possible use of the Zemismart M1 could be as a Thread Border Router (TBR). I have tested it with a Nanoleaf Thread bulb - works reliably so far.

If you decide to purchase one, you can look also for cheaper no-name manufacturers of the same Tuya Matter Bridge. Some are almost twice cheaper than the Zemismart.

This device Matter Bridge firmware is written and supported by Tuya software development team. Zemismart, Moes, etc… are just white-label products only - one and the same device put in different plastic boxes wearing different logos.

Hi, does the hub have the same compatible device list similar to the tuya homekit hub?
I was wondering if tuya zigbee lock can be exposed to HA thru matter

The device types that are exposed via Tuya Matter Bridges (no matter what white label is it) is very limited, much less than the devices that are exposed using the HomeKit protocol.

Locks are not in the list, as far as I know.

Thanks, where can I view that list for the tuya matter hub?