ZEN32 via zwavejs2MQTT

I recently got some ZEN32 scene switches to install and was messing around with the new zwavejs, but I decided I liked some of the features and benefits of using the MQTT server. I used the blueprint by @fxlt here as my starting point.

For the MQTT version you need to ensure the switch entity and the 5 scene sensors are available. Then this blueprint lets you have a single automation for all the many possibilities for switch button presses. I find this to be the first great use for blueprints, this one switch would require many automations previously, but now I can have one automation for each switch, making it very clean IMO.

Anyways my version is available at GitHub

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

This is my first real blueprint, so if you see anything I did funny let me know :slight_smile:

Trying to install this blueprint and running into some issues. The link to import the blueprint doesn’t work as it doesn’t end with a .yaml extension. Copied the text from GitHub and created a blueprint file. It is showing up correctly in Blueprints section. When I go to create an automation from the blueprint, there are no entities in the selection box. Not sure how to resolve.

I rebuilt my HASS setup and this is fixed.

hmm, I get the file-extension error too…

No valid blueprint found in the gist. The blueprint file needs to end with ‘.yaml’

Any tips on what to change to fix that?

I updated it to end in yaml. Let me know if that fixes it

It worked like a charm, thanks!

I have found an issue with this template. Not sure if it is a template issue or HA issue. I have a Vera controller I am in process of migrating away from. In the meantime, I was trying to use these controllers to manage some lights still on Vera. In developers tools, I can use the service Light:Toggle to turn a vera switch on and off. When I set it up in your template it does nothing. Any idea why it works in Dev Tools and not from the template?

Can you post a copy of your yaml with the service call? There is no technical reason, did you check the logs to see if anything useful is generated when you try to do it and it doesn’t work?

- id: '1635009585712'
  alias: Porch Controller
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: Matt-PMCT/ZoozZen32forZwaveJs.yaml
    input:
      zooz_switch: 5975e3923ff0818fda3f7b7f074cd889
      scene_1:
      - service: light.toggle
        target:
          entity_id: light.kitchen_6
      scene_2:
        target:
          entity_id: light.bistro_410
      scene_3: []

@Rogero54 sometimes it’s hard to tell, but there needs to be another set of indent under each scene_:

Mine looks like this

alias: ZEN32 Patio-LR
use_blueprint:
  input:
    scene_5:
        target:
          entity_id: light.patio_lights
    scene_52:
      - service: light.turn_on
        target:
          entity_id: light.patio_lights
        data:
          kelvin: 2700
          brightness: 100

The scenes are indented one more level than yours. See if that helps out.

Modified it to this, no joy. I originally did all the setup in the UI so if this did solve it that would be wierd.

- id: '1635009585712'
  alias: Porch Controller
  use_blueprint:
    input:
      zooz_switch: 5975e3923ff0818fda3f7b7f074cd889
      scene_1:
          target:
            entity_id: light.kitchen_6
      scene_2:
          target:
            entity_id: light.bistro_410
      scene_3: []

I am new to Home Assistant, so not sure what other info you would like. Let me know what you need and where to get it and I will send it to you.