Zeroconf and default_config: could not set up all dependencies

Hi everybody,

I was not able to figure this out despite multiple attempts, perhaps you can help me solve this problem? When I (re)start Home Assistant, I get this
grafik

I ran grep default_config home-assistant.log and grep zeroconf home-assistant.log with these results

2020-02-22 16:29:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: zeroconf
2020-02-22 16:29:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for default_config: Could not set up all dependencies.
2020-02-22 16:29:51 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component zeroconf
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 42, in setup
    zeroconf = Zeroconf()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 2134, in __init__
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 2062, in create_sockets
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 2009, in add_multicast_member
2020-02-22 16:29:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: zeroconf

This is my current version; I am running Home Assistant in a docker container

I don’t quite understand why dependencies would be missing; shouldn’t everything be right there in the docker container? I have had this issue before several updates, so this is not tied to 0.105.5.

When I re-create my docker container, I run the commands below before starting the updated version from a docker-compose file.

docker stop hass
docker rm hass
docker pull homeassistant/home-assistant:latest
  home-assistant:
    container_name: hass
    image: homeassistant/home-assistant:latest
    volumes: 
    # (...)
    environment:
      - TZ=Europe/Berlin
    restart: always
    network_mode: host

What can I do to fix this? Everything seems to work without any issues, but I’d still like to fix this error in case they mess things up in the future. Thank you for your ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just had the same issue yesterday, after googling for a bit I found a few threads on the forum discussing it. The general advice seems to be to clear unused docker networks with docker network prune.

If that doesn’t work maybe try the other solutions proposed in these threads:

3 Likes

Thank you so much. This worked perfectly.

I have been experiencing the same since 2012.21
I had both zeroconf and default_config in my configuration.yaml.
It’s been working faultlessly until now so not sure if something changed, but looking at the doc it’s now clear to me that one should not have both options listed
In case it helps others…