ZHA and devices not reliable issues

thanks!

wHEN YOU SAY TRY A DIFFERENT CHANNEL are you refering to on the router or a hub? If the router I have already tried this.

Has for starting this topic I had no clue where to add it too as its related to it all!

If all your bulbs and sockets are wifi, then chances are the Zigbee problems are a lack of routers and/or interference. It has nothing to do with bad wifi reception. Zigbee communication is too weak to affect wifi.

The wifi problems are a different thing altogether. The wifi plugs and sockets cannot help Zigbee, and they all rely on proper wifi. They do not form a mesh either, they all need an individual good access point. So if those bulbs and plugs do not work then you should first solve your wifi instability.

How many wifi devices on 2.4G are we talking a out, and now close are they to the main router? Do you have multiple wifi access point, if so are those range extenders or mesh wifi, how are they connected? How many neighbors do you have that take up all the available wifi bands?

If the wifi is overloaded with failing communication, that might affect zigbee, especially if Zigbee has no mains powered zigbee routers to create a good mesh. To reiterate: wifi bulbs and sockets are not zigbee routers. If all your zigbee is battery powered, then that is your zigbee problem.

There is nothing wrong with the routers, they are new configured in a mesh setup and devices are as close as 1 metre to it that is one router I have another down stairs that does nothing really in respect to the network its just feeding a camera.

I have 59 online and 6 on the downstairs one:

The routers are also 100% alot better than Virgins ever has been and me coming frrom a Linksys router that I could get a wifi across the rd I know if it was to do with a network issues. Its the devices or the setup at faults here. Not a wifi unless Virgin have messed again with the chaannels like they like to do and mess things up every few months!

The Routers are a ASUS RT-AX82U 5400 Dual Band + Wi-Fi 6 Gaming Router,PS5 Compatible,up to 2000 sq ft & 30+ devices,Mobile Game Mode, ASUS AURA RGB,Lifetime Free Internet Security,Mesh Wi-Fi support, gaming port,black

Which I do not have it set on the wifi 6 yet!

The channel is set to 1 which I can set back to Auto if its causing issues

I also know one of the neigbors is on a BT connection which Im on a virgin! so I should be clear from that!

Maybe its a plug Socket issues and the amount of plug sockets being used is maybe too many? I’m guessing at these things by the way :slight_smile: as I have no clue whats up with it all!

Wifi signals in all rooms are good! Bedroom could be better but its still up to 60%

I’ve just had a little try at MQTT and getting errors with me using cloudflare so I will have to figure that out first before I shift over to it!

Thanks

Maybe a go all Aqara and get there hub but for there lights I think are a little over priced!

If you already have ZHA configured, why would you need another hub? You don’t need another hub if you are changing to Z2M either if you already have the Sonoff coordinator. I feel it would be easier to understand what your problem is and help you if you focused on the issue, explained it and didn’t drag in stuff about Tuya, wifi, Smartlife etc.

1 Like

Did you disable ZHA ? Zigbee2MQTT will not start if ZHA is using the dongle.

1 Like

That is what I’m trying too, too!
I have had same issues from the start, yet all different devices, so for me it makes it even harder to try to understand why I keep getting drop outs too.

I started with one hub that still losst connections!
I get new routers
and I still get drop out and it went on and on! #

Until now and still the same from day one with issues but didderent issues so have gone others have started.

So Its not easy to solve this when the items do not do as they say on the box!

I could forget Home Assistant but it woudl still do it just using smartlife

If I got rid of smartlife and just used Tuya it would still do it.

I sent 8 bulbs back and the issues are the same! I had different bulbs at the start and they never dropped out so why you ask well if I can no longer get the same bulb is what happened here! So I tried a few different types and all was giving different issues. So I was not sure if the bulbs are needing to have the 50w holders changed or a capitor put in for these bulbs to do as they are suppose too! My guess is this is what is going to be needed, but ask any electrian an dthey have no clues on my setups and my needs, so yes its very hard work for me too and I never give up trying to fix the issues!

With help of coarse :slight_smile: Maybe I need a clean slate and start again :rofl: :man_facepalming: :man_shrugging:

I also cannot get all the devices I need to work on just one type my medical needs are too great and complicated! But also teh property is not the best either to could with the modern setups, so its been a slow progression to try to get it better!

will try now thank you I was just trying to test and Im not fully knowing what to do on this so will give it a try!

Is it possible to just go stright back if I get big issues?

Thanks!

I said focus :stuck_out_tongue:

Do it simple. Start with getting Z2M running. Next step start pairing mains powered devices (bulbs, plugs ++). Then finally pair your battery powered devices. Pair everything that is Zigbee, do not keep some devices on one coordinator / hub and some on another. Everything to Z2M.

1 Like

I don’t have all devices to allow me to Use Z2M what ever that is? I’m focusing!

At a Guess Zigbee2MQTT integration? Z2M?

And the MQTT will also not run even with disabbling ZHA :slight_smile:

I only have 22 devices ZHA Most are Sensors I also can never tell from one to another what they are!

I have dyslexia! :slight_smile:

Maybe send me a nurse to sort it all out! :slight_smile:

Is there not a easy way to know what devices is doing what?

Also since disabling the ZHA the bulbs yet again as lost the connection not on all the same bulbs but the ramdom 1! or 2 or they can also be in other locations it like the dice bulb gussing game which ones going to be off today :rofl: :man_facepalming:

These where the only bulbs that have worked so far on my setup but Im no longer able to get them but woudl be nice to know what the diffrences are in these bulbs to the annoying ones now! ( HNQH GU10 LED Smart Bulb,Remote Voice Control WiFi Lamp 5W RGBCW Dimmable Spotlight Atmosphere Lighting Compatible with Alexa & Google Home 2700-6500K) Which I can no longer give you a link as they have taken them off these site!

and the bulbs now are! Boxlood GU10 Smart WiFi Light Bulb 4 Pack, Dimmable Spotlight Bulb RGB Cool White & Warm White, Compatible with Alexa and Google Home, Voice/App Control No Hub Required, Timer & Group Control [Energy Class A]
So I cannot see it being an issue with the bulbs or the wifi connection that is casing this I did contact them about it and they could not understand it either! So rather than return them I think best the issues are fixed ( Some How) :slight_smile:

It does say no hub needed yet it losses connections! either way the bulbs need to go but Im not keep buying bulbs to fit it! they get returned now! But I’m still left to be gussing again and bulbs that are as good and do the job they are bought to do! :slight_smile:

No, But I have now and its still the same with not connecting to Host!

That alone may be the source of many of your problems. You’ll never have a healthy Zigbee mesh with mostly what I’m assuming are non-routing, battery powered devices.

2 Likes

All my items are close to the hub, and what are you fully meaning by battery? May items have batteries in them including sensors!

How far can a Hub go? By bluetooth device on mobile connects further!

And on the Tuya Hub I have 2 which are power by a usb adaptor.

I also have anothe Sonoff at hand but I should not be needing to be using it! the most the distances the hub needs to get it around 15 feet!

I do have 2 Aqara Aqara Smart Hub E1 (2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Required), Powered by USB-A, Small Size, Zigbee 3.0, Acts as a Wi-Fi Repeater (Hotspot) for up to 2 Devices, Supports HomeKit, Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT

But I do not have many lights or bulbs attached to this from Aqara they are all from a different one!

Would it be more stable trying to keep to Aqara? If I can get the right connections!

How many Zigbee hubs are wel talking about? I hear more and more. It sounds like 5 or more? You also mentioned Sonoff, smartlife, tuya… A sound Zigbee mesh is at it’s best with only one coordinator/hub, and many mains powered (Zigbee!) devices (usually lights and sockets). This will create a mesh that can cover distances and with that you can add many battery powered sensors.

Why your wifi lights and sockets are not working well is a different problem. Your lights and sockets are wifi so they are no good for your Zigbee mesh. It may be the fixtures block the wifi signal too much (seems they are all metal enclosures?). Maybe you have a lot of interference from neighbors or other 2.4G devices (could be anything). You say the Aqara hubs also do wifi? Maybe they add to the wifi trouble.

Use strategically places wifi access points. Try channel 1, 6 or 11, put different access points on different channels). Use an app to see where the least interference is.

You use many zigbee hubs, which split into different meshes. All fight for the available frequency space instead of creating one stable and resilient mesh. Each hub will have very limited range due to lack of mains powered zigbee devices. With each hub you add you make matters worse.

To build stable Zigbee, use one Zigbee hub/coordinator (the Sonoff). Pick a channel that does not conflict with your wifi channels (beware that the numbering system of channels differs). See the link in the beginning of the thread with tips and a chart of how channels overlap.

First add mains powered Zigbee lights, sockets or other mains powered zigbee routing devices (don’t ever take them off mains power). Then add the sensors after that is done. The aqaras especially last, because they do not change route if the route they have is bad.

what do you mean by pick a channel? what are you refering too? the router or the sonoff? If sonoff what do i need to find to do it for this?

I also need more than one hub due to medical needs and issues to keep alive!

Not a thing I can explain to you! But if tecnologies was fair we would not be where we are now!

I have no clue either of you saying to test the wifi? I have just posted the test of a good wifi signals in all rooms, But the sonoff I have no clue what I can use to test thats signals or its strenths? Or I’m I miss understanding you ?

I have not use Ha for very long! I have only done what people have sujested why I have so many things,

I also try to get rid of things I think could be causing the issues!! But keep to test another day!

I’m also finding it very hard to find items that work with Sonoff and I still after 2 years not fully understand any of the settings for them all and what to be lookign for to use on a sonoff cordinator.

I have got these lights which to be honesty I’m not really impressed with them but the are for a Zigbee Cordinator, so these are of no use from a remote if needed! So if there is any better can you please point me in the right directions for them.

I will post you the lights I have just managed to get home assistan to detect them and I had to do it right next to the Sonoff as when they where on the stairs home assitant would not find them to pair! Also I’m unable to use Alexa or Google with these lights (why) I do not know? :slight_smile:

I have installed a Wi-fi Analyzer but not sure if the numbers at the end of them are the channel numbers. Has I have changed to a different channel but see the second router I have in on channel 1 so they where both on the same channel!

I have also disabled the Guest network as that seemed to be taking it all.

I might need to find a diffrent channel than 11

what do you think?

Every hub creates its own wireless network and uses a frequency. Zigbee and wifi use the same frequencies but name the channels differently.

The second answer you got in this post tries to explain it all. But the answer is ALL hubs and Wifi accesspoints. And the Aqara hubs double so, because they are a wifi access point and a zigbee hub. Each hub has their own way of setting it, so I don’t know them all. But by my count 5 zigbee and 4 wifi accesspoints each of which try to coexist: 9 channel settings that need to be separated as much as possible (spoiler: undoable).

This was the post with wifi/zigbee info, that basically covered all you needed to know:

And yes, a wifi analyzer is a good starting point for wifi. Shut down wifi in the aqara hubs if you do not need them for medical purposes, and switch one of the routers to another channel. The analyzer does not show the channels, but chaannel 1 seems to be free.

The hub(s) you need for medical reasons, is it zigbee, wifi, something else? Your medical device can only belong to one hub, so even if it is zigbee, you can still eliminate plenty other zigbee hubs. And as it seems, your health depends on it.

One last point: you show a very high wifi signal strength,. But too high can also be a problem, and the signal may be distorted if signal strength is too high. The high signal strength may also completely wash out Zigbee if the channels overlap.

Thank you for explaining a little more into it!

The Item I m using is a Dice ( Aqara Cube T1 Pro) that gives me readings onto Alexa Echo it is connected to a E1 Aqara Hub where the device gets to it if there is another method around this would be good as then I could still be able to connect to it to do the things I need!

All I need to do with a Dice during the night is knock it or pick it up and it does what I need! the Button that I saw on one of the videos links you sent me would be ok if it was a lot smaller!

I also did try to get a Shelly Button but again gave me issues and the batteries within them where failing afte only 3 days of use!

The other item I use that is Aqara is the Presence Sensor FP2 to detect me, was a very hard setup to get working and deven now I do not liek to touch it as it can take a few days to do it all again and set it up.

Someone did say I did not need to use Apple Seri but at the time was the only way to get it into Home Assistant but I think its possible to just install it though I have never done it that way!

I think channel 1 up to now seems the better one then 3 or 11 is it possible to try them all?

But yes I see they are both fighting for the wifi looking at the graph but like yourself I find it hard to see which channel they are on. Maybe I can fine a better one.

I have also put the wifi6 on and turned guest off as that seemed better than for meself! Which is not fair :rofl: :rofl: :crazy_face:

This is what Im using Aqara for! Aqara T1 CUBE

This is with it being on channel 1 seems there is 3 on it?